Author Topic: NoDS Watching Project?  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
NoDS Watching Project?
« on: August 30, 2008, 04:32:13 PM »
it would be nice to have a discussion dedicated solely to NODS.

Midnite and I have definitely toyed with that idea. The last time we discussed it we decided to hold off until it's released on DVD because we figured a lot more people would be able to take part. But that was back when it was announced that both films were going to come out in the same release and were originally to have been released months ago. Thankfully that dumb idea was dropped in favor of restoring NoDS.  [thumb]  And to discuss a restored NoDS would be a dream come true for both of us. But if enough members have copies of the VHS or have made their own copies from (unedited) TV broadcasts, maybe we could do it next year - and then do it again after the restored version is released...

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: NoDS Watching Project?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 10:47:53 PM »
Well I am (for one) all for it!  I would love to discuss NODS and HODS.   [ghost_smiley]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 07:06:51 PM »
I for one do not own either film on VHS. I've been waiting for the releases of the films on DVD, as, last I checked, used VHS tapes of HoDS and NoDS were a bit more than I'd like to pay for a pan-and-scan unrestored version. HoDS is at least available on Amazon's digital rental service, AmazonUnbox, but I personally vote for delaying a Watching Project based on either film to either some date in the future or the release of the films on DVD, whichever comes first. That's just my opinion, however.
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.

Offline Joy Collins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 01:02:24 AM »
I love this idea! I own a VHS copy of HODS and I recorded NODS when both films aired on Chiller recently. I'd never seen NODS before then so I have no way of knowing if they edited the film or not.

So they are, officially, restoring NODS for a DVD release? This calls for a party! [occasion18]

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 02:12:34 PM »
At one time there was a topic devoted to restored versions of both HODS and NODS.  If I recall correctly, the NODS project was green lighted but HODS was at a stand still since they are unable to locate any of the missing minutes..I believe that they were hoping a Japanese investor would be coming forward with the missing minutes but to no avail.  I remember Darren Gross was talking about the fact that if they couldn't recover the HODS missing minutes fairly soon, the tape would probably have deteriorated to much to restore. Very sad indeed.  But, on the bright side, it looks very promising for NODS.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 02:29:34 AM »
I started one myself a while back when I first came back to the boards!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/