Author Topic: I Annoy Barnabas  (Read 3486 times)

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
Re: I Annoy Barnabas
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 10:12:42 PM »
I once dreamt of Barnabas coming toward me, with his mouth open, and baring his fangs! BRRR! [ghost_blink]

"BRRR?" But UluvBarnabas.  [ghost_tongue2]

That's... an interesting dream, Taeylor.
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 11:10:10 PM »
Oh don't be so coy Goober, you know you wanted to say "FREAKY" [ghost_nowink]  I know I was freaked out!   [ghost_wacko]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline 4everfridean

• Junior Poster
  • Belonging heart, soul and neck to the vampire!
    • View Profile
    • The Collins Mausoleum fanzine online
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 12:27:36 AM »
Ooooh, I gotta jump in on this topic.  I've had several DS dreams -- in fact, in true DS fashion, a dream is what brought me back to fandom in 2005.  But my favorite DS dream is one I had about a year ago.  It had Barnabas and Julia in a spinoff of DS, and had them....get this...running a day-care center together.  Julia was the head, and Barnabas who, after being cured of vampirism, had found out he really and truly loved children, so he wanted to help.  However, no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't get it right, and so the show was more of a sitcom than anything.  Barn and Julia retained their same "friendship" status (sorry, but I'm not a fan of Barn and Julia together), and they worked, well, semi-well together.  It pictured sort of like the relationship in "Here's Lucy" between Lucy Carmichael and Mr. Mooney.

JF played Barn in this show more like the good parts of Edmund Blackstone, his character in the movie Seizure, combined with comic roles he's done over the years.  It worked amazingly well, and showed off both actors in a completely different light from DS.

Julie  :)

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 02:41:55 AM »
What network was it airing on? [ghost_tongue2]
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 03:28:03 AM »
"BRRR?" But UluvBarnabas.  [ghost_tongue2]

Oh, I do LuvBarnabas...just not his bloodlust. [ghost_grin]

I have no desire to be anyone's snack, not even his. Even I have limits when it comes to him.
 [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 12:55:39 PM »
I don't remember having a dream about DS but I have had fantasies about Barnabas.  Hold on, not what you're thinking.  I've fantasized about meeting him in front of the Collinsport Bakery.  Both of us gazing at the chocolate iced donuts. We're both inside and he purchases 1/2 dozen of them, invites me to his house for tea and donuts. We both sit in front of the fireplace at the old house talking about the books in his library while Willie serves us tea and donuts.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 07:58:40 PM »
I like the Q moment.   I hesitate to insert big, known historical events into stories myself though, because it seems too convenient or contrived.   Good writing can fix almost everything, though...

Thanks on the Q moment. Credit goes to the subconscious of course <G>.  You have a point on real historical events. I read a lot of historical novels as well as being involved with fandoms which revolve around history. Sometimes it works perfectly, and other times you want to throw the thing at a wall. So much depends on whether you buy whether the character is where and when and why the author puts them there. There's a wonderful example in this fandom of how well it can work when done RIGHT.  This novel/novellette is one of the unfortunately rare examples of someone addressing Quentin's life between 1897-1970.  Set in the 20's it has rumrunners, Jamison, Angelique, gypsies, gangsters, reincarnation and the return of PETOFI -- as well as historical walkthroughs a la The Winds of War or The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. Here's the url: http://members.fortunecity.com/selbyfan/id51.htm

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 02:02:24 AM »
A long but narrow enclosed area housing a vampire or ex-vampire or once and future vampire...sounds to me like
[spoiler]a coffin.[/spoiler]
If so, Barnabas it must have been built by the same architect that built Snoopy's Doghouse!
 [ghost_cheesy]
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.