Author Topic: Weather Forcast  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Weather Forcast
« on: June 23, 2002, 04:56:08 PM »
Hey California People,
What is the extended weather forcast for the upcoming week? It's been awhile since I've been out west but seem to remember cool evenings.
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Weather Forcast
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2002, 07:13:30 PM »
Hi, Teresa!  Here's the latimes.com forecast for Wednesday through Saturday:

Patchy night through morning low clouds and fog...otherwise clear. Lows 60 to 65. Highs from around 70 at the beaches to the lower 80s inland.

But this next part is coming from me-- Anaheim is far enough inland for me to guesstimate it to be about 5 degrees warmer there than the forecast (so figure upper 80s at Disneyland, lows still in the lower 60s).  And pack sunscreen, probably waterproof.  :)

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2002, 07:42:28 PM »
And pack sunscreen, probably waterproof.  :)

I never go without it which will be obvious once you see my lack of a tan. My dermatologist found some spots a few years back so I am pretty careful.
Teresa

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2002, 08:09:15 PM »

There's usually a 20 to 30 degrees difference between here and there. My little girl's father lives in CA most of the time, we have on the central air here at night, and he says over there  it is in the 60's. It will be a break from the triple digits for me. I've been toasting in the sun here in Las Vegas since April, so I use a 4SPF Moisturizing Suntan Lotion. My daughter is bugging me to go out to the pool, so going out to toast some more today! Come over and we'll barbecue.  ;)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2002, 09:30:58 PM »

Come over and we'll barbecue.  

Barbecue sounds good right now. As a matter of fact, that is what I will be doing in a few hours. Veggie hotdogs on the grill, Yum Yum.
I am anticipating a trip to Las Vegas hopefully before the end of the year. Hope those triple digits are gone by then. I can barely handle our 95 degrees today.
I think I'll pack a sweatshirt just in case. I am one of those people who is always cold.
Teresa

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2002, 01:47:18 AM »
Being a former dermatology  nurse, I'd advise LOTS of sunscreen(SPF 15 or higher) if you folks are going to be out in the HOT sun all day long at Disneyland. It won't take much to get a burn.

We were in Vegas end of April looking at homes and it didn't take much for my chicken white NYS skin to glow in the darkeven with sunscreen.

So, you guys & dolls take care!
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2002, 02:11:42 AM »
I think I'll pack a sweatshirt just in case. I am one of those people who is always cold.
Teresa

I've never stayed at this Marriott, but going by every other Fest at one you might want to pack a light sweater too cuz it can be downright chilly in the convention area.

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2002, 07:51:22 AM »

Teresa, usually by Halloween, it has cooled down in Las Vegas. From December to February, it can get down to the 30s even 20s. I remember ice in my pool, hard to imagine that now! Midnite, I know what you mean about it getting chilly at the Dark Shadows Festival, however, last year in New York, the central air was not working, and the main room was hot all weekend.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2002, 10:03:03 AM »

There's usually a 20 to 30 degrees difference between here and there. My little girl's father lives in CA most of the time, we have on the central air here at night, and he says over there  it is in the 60's. It will be a break from the triple digits for me. I've been toasting in the sun here in Las Vegas since April, so I use a 4SPF Moisturizing Suntan Lotion. My daughter is bugging me to go out to the pool, so going out to toast some more today! Come over and we'll barbecue.  ;)

Lucky you Cheryl, I think I would rather take those high digits you have then this darn high humidity we have here in New York!! At least you can get some relief when the sun goes down at night! Over here, we're constantly roasting!! [kaiokn] [kaiokn] [angryf] [angryf]

Speaking of a barbeque, hey that sounds like a great idea Cheryl!  I sure wish I could get there!  :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2002, 07:44:47 PM »
Yes, I remember the humidity in New York, glad we don't have that here, just the heat. I sure wish you could get here too! It's nice to meet people when they come to Las Vegas for a visit.  :)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan