Author Topic: "Bad" Horror  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: "Bad" Horror
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2002, 10:20:51 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

Oh my god, this is so funny!!!  I think Mark Rainey has provided the definitive and most complete list of truly bad (read good) stinkers!

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, a big fan of "Ghidrah, The Three-Headed Monster," and "The Devil's Rain," starring that master of subdued and sophisticated acting, the one and only William Shatner, the Noel Coward of his generation!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2002, 12:42:39 AM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

Oh my god, this is so funny!!!  I think Mark Rainey has provided the definitive and most complete list of truly bad (read good) stinkers!

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, a big fan of "Ghidrah, The Three-Headed Monster," and "The Devil's Rain," starring that master of subdued and sophisticated acting, the one and only William Shatner, the Noel Coward of his generation!

And don't forget that other paragon of cool who also appeared in that devilishly rainy movie, Bob, the one, the only John Travolta.

Gerard

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2002, 02:43:44 AM »
How about those Dr. Phibes movies with Vincent Price. They are kind of cheesey. ::)
My sister was telling my about a movie she watched the other night about someone having two heads. She knew it was going to be bad when Casey Kasem was in it.
TB
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2002, 03:14:11 AM »
One of my favorite bad horror movies is  a Mexican film called Brainiac.  It's one of those that's so bad it's good--as escapist entertainment.  It's a vampire movie--when the character turns into a vampire he looks like the Count on Sesame Street. ::)
MM

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2002, 02:57:18 AM »
There was a cheesy made-for-TV movies in the early '70's called "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" starring Kim Darby. It was about these little gnome-like creatures that came out at night to scare people. Although the special effects were laughably bad the overall effect was quite creepy. I still get the chills thinking about that movie sometimes. It was "bad horror" in respect to special effects but an intriguing story.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2002, 06:09:22 AM »
last night The Howling was on Bravo i just started screaming at the TV Are they vampires or werewolves? make up your minds pretty stupid! also hate Chucky
maybe Telly S could cut his head off like he tried on Talking Tina(a truly scary episode) in the T zone!
do have to say though do like the first Halloween
the second one was okay but after that [puke]

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2002, 07:39:39 AM »
I don't remember Nightmare Theater, but I do remember Creature Feature hosted by Wolfman Jack in the early 70's. The Giant Spider Invasion came out in 1975 when I was 11 and I had my older friends take me to the theater to see it. They were in their 20's and  couldn't believe what I dragged them to see. I never knew that was a Volkswagen in a giant spider costume, lol! I read in an article that if you see Halloween 1, 2, 4, and H2O, that's all you need to see, you're set. I see Halloween III Season Of The Witch got a really bad rap here. The first time I saw it in 1982, I hated it, but later on I liked it because of Dan O'Herily. He was good looking. Gerard, my little girl's father worked with Ed Wood years ago. I love hearing about him, he was a trip! Here's a couple more movies to add to the "bad" horror list, The Frozen Dead, and Chopping Mall.  :o
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2002, 09:00:15 AM »

maybe Telly S could cut his head off like he tried on Talking Tina(a truly scary episode) in the T zone!

Jenn, That was a good one!  I just saw it on T Zone the other day.  ;)
"Calamity Jane"