Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #222 -- J Storm, Marie Wallace, KLS news  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
ShadowGram Update #222 -- J Storm, Marie Wallace, KLS news
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:04:39 AM »
SHADOWGRAM
The Official Dark Shadows News Updates Yahoo Group
Marcy Robin's Cyberspace "Dark Shadows" News Updates

An Official Internet Publication of SHADOWGRAM -
The Official "Dark Shadows" Published Newsletters

Posted through the ShadowGram YahooGroup address: http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowGram/

ShadowGram@aol.com

Number 222. August 4, 2010

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following breaking news in this Online News Update "bulletin."

--- JAMES STORM – MESSAGE TO DS FANS

--- MARIE WALLACE TO APPEAR IN CHICAGO

--- KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT TO APPEAR IN NASHVILLE

*** JAMES STORM THANKS THE FANS AT THE DS FESTIVAL

Jim (Gerard Stiles) guested at the DS Festival's SHADOWS IN THE SUN: 2010 DS CONVENTION 7-16/18 at the Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center Burbank (Los Angeles/Hollywood).

Jim asks SG to pass along his message to the fans of all ages who joined us at the convention:

"Hello to Everyone,

"Just want to take a moment and say how much I enjoyed our last gathering and you all made it very special. It was wonderful seeing old faces and meeting new ones and look forward to the next year.

"I would also like to express my deepest gratitude to all of you who made such generous contributions to my cause. It felt so good and was so appreciated by the American Cancer Society when I stopped by with a check. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

"This weekend would have been nothing without you guys and thank you for all your years of love and support.

James Storm"

SG thanks Jim and all our guests – the fans – the volunteers – and everybody involved in making the weekend happen. The Fests always have been meant to be by, for, and with the fans. We're happy you came, or were with us in spirit (and hopefully in person at a future Fest).

Please see SG Update #221 (Aug. 2) for a Fest report.

*** SG NOTE: As of this time, we have not yet set specific plans for the next Fest. I will premiere-announce details as we confirm them in these SG Updates to the SG Yahoogroup. I also will expand on the brief Updates in upcoming published SG newsletters. The next SG #119 print issue will focus on the Burbank Fest with pictures, details, and more.

*** MARIE WALLACE AT SEPT. CONVENTION

Marie (Eve, Jenny, Megan) says she expects to guest at the Chicagoland Entertainment Collectors Expo Sept. 9-12. It will be at the Holiday Inn in Carol Stream, IL. The website is:

http://www.facebook.com/l/d3a97uV-3mUH3tOUehmDAh5OUqg;www.ChicagolandExpo.com

She "hopes to see some of you who missed the California Convention ((Burbank DS Festival)), especially if this is in your backyard."

*** KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT AT SEPT. CONVENTION

Kathryn (Maggie, Josette, Kitty, Rachel) expects to guest at the Nashville Comic-Con 9-25/26. It will be at the Music Valley Event Center in Nashville. For more information, see:

www.comiccitytn.com

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #222 -- J Storm, Marie Wallace, KLS news
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:10:07 AM »
Here's a link to info about Marie Wallace's appearance that doesn't go through Facebook:
http://www.nonsportcardexpo.com/index.htm

And here's a direct link to the con that KLS is attending:
http://www.comiccitytn.com/Nashville_Comic_Con.php

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 05:14:45 AM »
What a gracious message from Jim Storm! I crossed paths with him when he was leaving the hotel and he wished me a good night ... I felt a little guilty because I hadn't attended his event, but I really don't like country music! I didn't know about his affiliation with the American Cancer Society.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 06:18:24 AM »
And here's a direct link to the con that KLS is attending:
http://www.comiccitytn.com/Nashville_Comic_Con.php
Just a quick note for anyone attending who is not particularly familiar with Nashville. The area around Opryland, near where this event is being held, was hit hard by flooding earlier this year. The Opry Mills mall remains closed as a result of flood damage. If you're planning to visit anything else in the immediate vicinity, it's probably not a bad idea to confirm that it's still open for business.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 05:20:29 PM »
What  a very nice  note from   James  Storm  how thoughtful.
                 Love   Anne [ghost_smiley]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 01:25:55 PM »
i was unable to go to the fest this year. but that was extremley nice of him to send a message to the fans. i also didn't know he supported Cancer charites. hmm.. you learn something every day ya know? [ghost_tongue2]