Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0417  (Read 666 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0417
« on: March 20, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »
Robservations #417

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0417

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 12:06:56 AM »
Barn foolishly decides he must see Josette one last time. (Despite the fact that traditional vampires feel neither heat nor cold, he wears his green coachman's cape when he goes visiting.) But as he's standing beside her bed, the door opens and Natalie comes in--utterly shocked to see a man everybody knows is dead. He does his first dematerialization before her astonished eyes. Josette vows to stay at Collinwood no matter what.

Ben still calls Josette Miss Josette, although properly he should address her as Mrs. Collins.

Ben tries to keep his word but the big giant head of Angelique materializes and stops him. Angelique gloats that neither he nor Josette nor Barnabas can escape the curse.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 01:10:56 AM »
I'd forgotten about the Big Giant Head.   Welcome back Angelique.   How can we miss you, if you won't stay away?  A Lara VO gave away the return, though she spoke without her Angelique voice.   ***  Thayer gets to do some Ben acting that doesn't involve bursting out with exclamations, when talking with Josette, and it's nice to hear what a quiet Ben sounds like.  The deaths have mounted up to a degree where those left alive sound gloomily reflective and defeated.

It was funny when Ang's head politely retreated in the crypt so as to let Ben pass out the door, and then came forward again.   Good sustained laugh.   I think she's happier dead....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 02:08:36 AM »
Barnabas tells Ben he is to get Vickie away which should have happened the minture the bogus reverand Trask showed up. Barnabas is caught visiting Juliet and Natalie creates a ruckus as usual. When Ben goes to stake Barnabas the room is magically lit without candles, but the head appears and takes the stake.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 01:50:01 AM »
Barn & Ben make plans for Ben's & Vicki's future once Barn perishes. Cute conversation/scene. I'd love to know where the jewels came from that Barn has stashed. Ben is a trip - trying to convince Barn to stay away from Josette. Ben is still the smartest person on the estate. And Thayer is still acting his ass off. I feel inclined to bring flowers to his grave.

Countess' beauty mark - Très fab. Natalie & Josette in Josette's room - great soap stuff. I liked it. The same goes for Josette & Ben on the terrace. Ben: "It was just the wind in the trees."

Why, oh why did someone have to call Barn's closed casket a giant hershey bar? lol

Geez, poor Ben, still being bothered by Angelique - that's cause enough to stake oneself. I think I'd have prefered to just hear Ange's voice as opposed to seeing her head.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 08:00:06 PM »
When Ben goes to stake Barnabas the room is magically lit without candles

Wasn't that amazing:

But the really shocking thing isn't that there was light without the candles - it was that the candles themselves weren't lit when they normally always are. Someone had definitely shirked their responsibility to always have the candles lit. One just hopes that if their misdeed came out, they weren't hung upside down and whipped for such a shocking transgression. :whip2:

[easter_wink]