Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0444  (Read 682 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0444
« on: April 26, 2013, 05:04:29 PM »
Robservations #444

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0444

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 05:34:33 PM »
Nathan’s sinister plot to regain favor with Millicent and the Collins family plays out exactly as he’d hoped. He ‘saves’ Millicent from ‘Barnabas’. Naomi shows up to confirm the heroics and quells my plan to piss and moan about Millicent being too stupid to question what Nathan was doing on the grounds in the first place. Nathan’s got that covered - explaining that he came to the great estate to say goodbye – Oh, brother, did he think this through or what, lol. And Millicent falls for it hook, line & sinker. I guess it’s going to be up to Millicent to expose Barnabas as her attacker. I expected that revelation to be the first thing out of Nathan’s mouth after Naomi’s arrival. I guess I am not as smart as I think I am. Millicent tells Naomi that Barnabas attacked her when she returns to Collinwood but her revelation is quickly dismissed.

Nathan has the perfect room for a lothario – it has two doors, lol. Millicent visits Nathan in his room, as Nathan predicted, and she begs him with tears not to leave Collinsport after he tells her exactly what she hopes & wants to hear.

I am conflicted about Millicent. Does she have biological mental issues or is she just immature? A woman with that much money should be a whole lot wiser. I wonder how old she is? I don’t remember if she has a detailed back-story. On one hand, she had the resolve to call off the wedding & banish Nathan and even expect him to be shot to defend her honor. But on the other hand she ends up flying into his waiting arms – we had to see that coming by her behavior in previous episodes. She wanted to but was able to resist the temptation on principle until she was faced with the realization of never seeing him again. Either way - she has fragile mind.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 05:52:09 PM »
At the "gazebo", while Nathan spun his web, I suddenly imagined Millicent dissolving into one of those human-sized Looney Tunes "suckers" standing on end.

What's that spotty white and black rectangle on Nathan's wall, modern art?   Nathan and Noah are no Jason and Willie, not even with John Hall.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 06:22:56 PM »
Re: Jason/Willie & Nathan/Noah - lol (James Hall).

It appears Noah has more Jason-like qualities than Nathan does. I was surprised Noah was so 'in your face'. That whole scene was garbage - the only point in it was that we find out that Nathan expects Millicent to show up, that he's got her number.

Crother's looks heavier in the face and he needs a haircut. Slocum looks much better with the stocking cap on. Slocum's 33 years old here. It surprised me so I thought I'd mention it. I tend to lump him in with the younger 20-something cast.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 07:07:24 PM »
After supposedly rescuing Millicent from the alleged Collinsport Strangler, Nathan asks Naomi for a moment alone with Millicent. Naomi reluctantly retreats. It’s difficult to leave you, Nathan tells Millicent, because I love you and always have. You seem changed, Millicent observes. I warn you, I’m the same man I’ve always been, Nathan declares with perfect truth. Having snared Millicent completely, he tells her, I love you very much. He kisses her on the forehead and hands the pistols back to her. Naomi takes Millicent (now in tears) back to the house. Nathan grins at their retreating figures.

Later, when Millicent visits Nathan in his conveniently two-doored room, she says, I realize now that your first concern was for me. After a great deal of dithering on her part and some subtle coaxing on Nathan's part, she finally admits, I have misjudged you--and I want you to stay. You were right to be hurt and angry, Nathan tells her. But I swear I love you. She falls into his arms, but since her head barely comes to his shoulder she can’t see his triumphant, wolfish grin. Nathan needs to take just one more step for his plans to come to fruition.

I always thought that Millicent is mentally unstable. The world she inhabits is almost entirely imaginary.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 12:19:04 AM »
Nathan fakes saving Millicent from the fake Barnabas and fakes that he is leaving and cares for he. She naturally wants him back. Will it never end?
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times