Author Topic: Vista Theatre in Batman Movie  (Read 1338 times)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Vista Theatre in Batman Movie
« on: March 10, 2003, 04:17:46 AM »
The Vista Theatre, site of the HODS and NODS anniversary gatherings, was featured on tonight's Batman reunion film on CBS. Both the outside and inside of the theatre were featured.

They flashed up the title of the movie as they were walking inside, so you don't get so see the handprints and signatures that interest us most.  ::)

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
Re:Vista Theatre in Batman Movie
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2003, 07:26:19 AM »
i did manage to take some digital pictures of the footprints in december but nothing inside the theatre.  right now they mostly remain unedited except for dennis patrick's.  here is a click if you would like to see that one.

Dennis Patrick Memorial

i made my pic into a memorial collage for dennis.  there are also some other pictures of the memorial.

at some point, i will get these things up somewhere.  lol!  the never ending always something to do.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2003, 08:08:19 AM »
Actually, I know there are several sites on the web that feature photos from the HODS and NODS screenings. One of those is Bob's. He has photos from the NODS event, including some shots inside the theatre.

http://bobubas.topcities.com

I'm just bummed that they didn't use any of the exteriors from original show that are located on the Warner Brothers back lot since I took the tour over the summer, and the rumors that I practically threw myself from the tram to take a photo of Commissioner Gordon's office are entirely true.  ;D

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2003, 09:42:31 AM »
There's some pictures on my site too: http://www.collinwood.net/nods/
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline sheenasma

• Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2003, 02:11:12 PM »
Last night when Sheenaspa and I were watching that, I told him about the Vista conneciton, following up with the Commissioner Gordon's office building story (click).  I wondered then if you were watching it, too!

n
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 06:53:56 PM »
They flashed up the title of the movie as they were walking inside, so you don't get so see the handprints and signatures that interest us most.  ::)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that found it irritating.  It would've been fun to spot the signatures but nooo, they had to choose that exact spot to advertise.
[92a2]

So, please tell me someone on the tram took a photo of you trying to get that shot...

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2003, 08:07:11 PM »
So, please tell me someone on the tram took a photo of you trying to get that shot...

Not that I am aware of. The story goes that the tour guide ran through a long list of stuff that was filmed over in this portion of the back lot, even mentioning that this was the same building featured in the opening of Night Court, which did nothing for me, but, the second she said Batman, I was there with the camera.

Somehow, the picture by itself doesn't quite convey the humor of the moment, but there you have it.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2003, 11:22:42 PM »
Not that I am aware of. The story goes that the tour guide ran through a long list of stuff that was filmed over in this portion of the back lot, even mentioning that this was the same building featured in the opening of Night Court, which did nothing for me, but, the second she said Batman, I was there with the camera.

Nice photo.  The moment would've made a nice addition to the Fest video, I'm sure. [wiseguy]

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2003, 12:26:19 AM »
Hey another reason to visit LA 8)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Selby_D._Pearson

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2003, 08:23:16 AM »
I loved Batman! In 1966, I was a 12 year old geek who collected the comics, the cards and wore Batman shirts! I had a stuffed "Batfink", a bat trashcan and a Bat neck tie. I watched it faithfully from day one. (I wish I could say the same thing about DS but I didn't discover it till August 1967.) Thanks, MsCriseyde, for the photo of the Gotham City Police Headquarters. I was just wondering the other night (while watching the series on TV Land) if that was a real building somewhere in LA (like the "Daily Planet" building was for the 1950s "Superman").

Ah, 1966! The year of the cult TV series. "Batman", "Dark Shadows", "The Monkees", and....oh, yeah... "Star Trek".  :D

SDP