Author Topic: BACK TO THE FUTURE  (Read 1420 times)

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
BACK TO THE FUTURE
« on: September 01, 2002, 03:00:33 PM »
If you were able to choose a vehicle for time travel, which one of the following would you select, what period of time would you like to visit, and why?

SEANCE

I CHING

MAGICAL STAIRWAY

PARALLEL TIME ROOM
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: BACK TO THE FUTURE
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2002, 03:14:50 PM »
I would say the I Ching.  Only your consciousness is teleported back (unless you're Barnabas, then you can find your bod getting sucked back as well and end up in a whole lotta trouble), so you're rather impervious to injury (ala Julia), but can still have all the fun.  If things get real hairy, you can zoom right outta there.  Of course, you don't have total control over it; for example, you can inadvertenly get yanked out when you don't want to, but then no method of transportation is perfect.  Just try flying United.  You can end up going where you don't want to, not go at all, or your luggage could find itself in worlds yet to be discovered.

Gerard

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2002, 03:47:42 PM »
Oooh, toughie!

I guess the magical stariway would be my mode of time travel.  Then again, I suppose you could end up somewhere you didn't intend to, and that could be sticky.  

The PT room can change without warning, so that's dangerous.

I-Ching requires tossing those wands to get the change hexagram, and having to do that over and over could lead to carpel tunnel syndrome, which I already have and hate, thank you very much.

Seances aren't reliable, either.  Only Vicki got sent back in time that way, and look at the mess she made of things.  

I suppose I'll just stay here--and now!

Love, Robin

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2002, 01:38:41 AM »
i guess the stairway, as long as it took me to where i wanted to be at that time...and when and where would be very important....the morning of sept 11 in boston maybe, to do what i could...so many dates to choose from....in dallas on 11-22-63 just to see whether there was another shooter, same with Lincoln killing, shoot booth before he got to lincoln, also some time in 1967, so i could secretly place a smoke bomb in the coffin barnabas uses, and set it off as the cameras are rolling  :o)
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Afan

• Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2002, 01:58:05 AM »
[ideay]The stairway, maybe I could take a quick peek before I committed to going into the room.
Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2002, 03:15:12 AM »

I would take the magical stairway back to the 1950's and go to Craig Slocum's highschool, be his highschool sweetheart, then get married!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2002, 05:34:57 AM »
i guess the stairway, as long as it took me to where i wanted to be at that time...and when and where would be very important....the morning of sept 11 in boston maybe, to do what i could...so many dates to choose from....in dallas on 11-22-63 just to see whether there was another shooter, same with Lincoln killing, shoot booth before he got to lincoln, also some time in 1967, so i could secretly place a smoke bomb in the coffin barnabas uses, and set it off as the cameras are rolling  :o)

Cool ideas tripwire(would you stop JFK's killing too!)
i would choose the stairway to go back in time for some
silly things  and play tricks on a few men from my past who deserve it( no mention of names they know who they are!)
also go back to 2000 and help some of the people of florida vote right!(oh sorry forgot shouldn't mention politics here!
Also GO BACK TO 1986 and get that ball not to bounce
between Billy B's legs(or lack of them) sorry Bob (rabid Red Sox Fan) or Don't take Roger out!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2002, 12:04:35 PM »
I guess I'd choose the Magical stairway just to be sure I could get back home again. I'd like to visit places of long ago just to see how "good" the "good ole days" really were.  I'd also like to go back in time and see my parents as teenagers just to see how they behaved. I'd probably be shocked though to see that they probably weren't as innocent as they'd like me to think! lol!!

I'd probably freak out everytime I saw something that was later found out to be dangerous, such as asbestos, knowing myself Im sure I'd be yelling "don't use that stuff to build that house, it's dangerous!!"  Or telling everyone not to eat the "red" M & M's.  Then they'd probably think I was the crazy one and have me commited!  [spin] [rollb]  
"Calamity Jane"

Online Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2002, 07:00:59 PM »
I would choose the "e" ching because The Q-man
brought it back from Europe with him!!!  PLus,
it's really cool to go into the room and find out
what is going to happen!!!    
( ANNE IS GETTING VERY EXCITED ABOUT HER Q-MAN!!!
                         Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Angelique_s_Sis

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2002, 05:14:57 AM »
silly things  and play tricks on a few men from my past who deserve it( no mention of names they know who they are!)
also go back to 2000 and help some of the people of florida vote right!(oh sorry forgot shouldn't mention politics here!

Jennifer,  I like the idea of playing tricks on the few men in the past.  That sounds like a good idea.   Lots of fun, too.  I can think of a few.

I would prevent cancer & all diseases that plague the world.  Prevent wars & the tragedies in this world.   Find a way to help my state of Florida get rid of those nasty no see-ums,  huge spiders & those nuisances of love bugs that mess up your cars.  

Then hopefully return to 2002 & see a better world.

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2002, 10:00:26 AM »

Cool ideas tripwire(would you stop JFK's killing too!)
[Also GO BACK TO 1986 and get that ball not to bounce
between Billy B's legs(or lack of them) sorry Bob (rabid Red Sox Fan) or Don't take Roger out!]

if i recall, the red sox had a good lead going into that last inning, i think buckner mess up was the last of the mess ups, but because his was the last one, its the one that is remembered....as a life long dodger fan, billy buck was a good ball player, a hustler, and to pin all that mess on him is not fair, imo.
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2002, 07:11:27 PM »
if i recall, the red sox had a good lead going into that last inning, i think buckner mess up was the last of the mess ups, but because his was the last one, its the one that is remembered....as a life long dodger fan, billy buck was a good ball player, a hustler, and to pin all that mess on him is not fair, imo.

most people don't blame him Trip around here but blame the manager he shouldn't have been in!he could barely walk at that point! i agree he was a great player
and i blame the manager and Calvin S and maybe the fates!
we were only up a few runs!

jennifer
i know Bill B took a lot of heat esp  where he lived here
but what can i say people can be idiots esp when it comes to sports!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV