Author Topic: Tale of Two Jennings  (Read 3016 times)

Offline Anubis

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Tale of Two Jennings
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2002, 04:35:07 AM »
***Spoilers****

Okay, so Chris is the older of the twins, but what about their father?  Wouldn't he have been an older son or an only son who in turn passed it down to his son? Could the curse have skipped a generation? The lineage, family tree thing is very confusing! ::)

Chris' mother was the daughter of Quentin's daughter Lenore.  Chris' father was a Jennings and not subject to the curse since he wasn't a Collins.  Lenore had another daughter who was Joe Haskell's mother.  Chris was the first male Collins in Quentin's lineage subject to the curse.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2002, 05:28:30 PM »
This is the Jennings/Collins connection:

Quentin and Jenny Collins have a daughter, Lenore.
Lenore is adopted by Mrs. Fillmore.
Lenore marries and has a daughter.
The daughter marries a Mr. Jennings.
Mr. and Mrs. Jennings have Chris, Tom, and Amy.

Mr. Jennings had a sister who married Mr. Haskell.
Mr. and Mrs. Haskell have Joe.

That is Joe's connection to Chris and shows Joe is not blood  related to Quentin.

agree with this one Joey, Joe is on the Jennings side not the Collins side. would have been mentioned if he was from Collins line He worked at their cannery didn't he?
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2002, 07:43:29 PM »
agree with this one Joey, Joe is on the Jennings side not the Collins side. would have been mentioned if he was from Collins line He worked at their cannery didn't he?

Jennifer,  it is shown on the Collins Family Tree, which is depicted in the MILLENIUM DS ALMANAC.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2002, 07:52:04 PM »

Poor Joe, he sure has weird relatives!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline sheenasma

• Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2002, 10:49:12 PM »
Well, whoever told you that you were wrong in thinking it's because Chris is the oldest son were the ones who are wrong

S
p
o
i
l
e
r

Not wrong....the curse Magda recited in the cemetary specifically stated that she cursed "You, Quentin Collins, and ALL your male descendants".

Nancy, who knows 1897 chapter and verse, but is not all that sure she got a quote in the post right
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2002, 07:00:30 AM »
Jennifer,  it is shown on the Collins Family Tree, which is depicted in the MILLENIUM DS ALMANAC.

Vam the Collin's family tree in the 30th anniversary tribute shows the opposite it shows the jennings family
(just says jennings) then has a son off this that married daughter of Lenore and had the three Jennings then it has a daughter Jennings that married Haskell and had joe the son on the tree is called Jennings and the daughter is just called daughter. it shows that they were cousins but Joe 's mother was a jennings. maybe your book is different! i just think it also would have been mentioned if Joe came off collinsline!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2002, 07:02:42 AM »
S
p
o
i
l
e
r

Not wrong....the curse Magda recited in the cemetary specifically stated that she cursed "You, Quentin Collins, and ALL your male descendants".

Nancy, who knows 1897 chapter and verse, but is not all that sure she got a quote in the post right

That's funny Nancy have to listen again i thought she said oldest and meant  of each family have to listen again!

ciao
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2002, 10:29:18 AM »
You know it's quite possible that Tom was cursed also. The only problem with that is that he wasn't around long enough for us to find out.  Im just wondering now if a werewolf can become a vampire too? [hdscrt]
Although, with this show, anything's possible I guess.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
As I recall, Beth had a silverRe: Tale of Two Jennings
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2002, 03:28:42 PM »
***Spoilers***

As I recall, Beth had a silver star made by Ezra Braithwaite to be worn by Quentin's son.  This was to protect him from the curse.  However, the baby died anyway from pneumonia(?).  It's possible that Lenore passed it down to her son, hence the curse skipped the next generation.  Then, for some reason, the star wasn't passed down to Chris.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline mfmdpt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2002, 01:03:16 AM »
S
p
o
i
l
e
r

Close enough (I think she said "kin"). :) However, I chose Julia's explanation over Magda's actual curse for two reasons:
The first was that when this topic came up on the original VN board, someone (I think it might have been Cassie Rademacher) provided a link to a Web site all about the Romano clan. Somewhere on the site (which I can't seem to locate on my own -- damn VN for losing all those great posts!) it was explained how the Romano tribe considered (considers?) the eldest son to be THE male descendant and any other sons were (are?) insignificant also rans (I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist). So, the information on that site cast considerable doubt as to whether Magda's curse would have affected any but the oldest son in succeeding generations.
And the second was that the curses on DS seem like they can't always be interpreted literally. Take Angelique's curse on Barnabas, for example. She stated that anyone who loves Banabas will die. However, Julia, who clearly loves Barnabas in every time period/band they travelled to, never became a victim of the curse. And then there's Joshua. While it's true that Joshua said he may not have showed his love to Barnabas, his actions during the end of the 1795/96 storyline clearly showed that Joshua did indeed love his son. So, by virtue of that fact, he should have become the curse's victim, too - yet he didn't.
"I give in to sin because you have to make this life livable." - Depeche Mode (Strangelove)

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2002, 08:12:39 AM »
Close enough (I think she said "kin"). :) However, I chose Julia's explanation over Magda's actual curse for two reasons:
The first was that when this topic came up on the original VN board, someone (I think it might have been Cassie Rademacher) provided a link to a Web site all about the Romano clan. Somewhere on the site (which I can't seem to locate on my own -- damn VN for losing all those great posts!) it was explained how the Romano tribe considered (considers?) the eldest son to be THE male descendant and any other sons were (are?) insignificant also rans (I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist). So, the information on that site cast considerable doubt as to whether Magda's curse would have affected any but the oldest son in succeeding generations.
And the second was that the curses on DS seem like they can't always be interpreted literally. Take Angelique's curse on Barnabas, for example. She stated that anyone who loves Banabas will die. However, Julia, who clearly loves Barnabas in every time period/band they travelled to, never became a victim of the curse. And then there's Joshua. While it's true that Joshua said he may not have showed his love to Barnabas, his actions during the end of the 1795/96 storyline clearly showed that Joshua did indeed love his son. So, by virtue of that fact, he should have become the curse's victim, too - yet he didn't.

Mike it seems to me that Quentin's son died then Lenore had daughter who married Jennings then had Chris, Tom and Amy.Chris was the eldest so he was cursed. I suppose he could have been elder twin but
i think that if he was a twin Chris would have said when everyone has reaction to him "I'm Tom's twin" putting it together  this way it is starting to make sense to me which is a truly scary thought!

jennifer(thanks for info)
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV