Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0197  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0197
« on: April 25, 2012, 11:18:17 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0197
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 11:28:08 AM »
The Laura storyline was all about parents and children, and the latest storyline, at the moment, is about the two grown siblings, Elizabeth and Roger.  Both of them are being blackmailed at once - what a coincidence!  It seems clear that Elizabeth has no idea what the paintings are that Roger was asking her about, so I'd guess that they're not in the locked basement room.  I'm figuring they ended up in a room that the writers haven't invented yet: the parallel time room.

I was interested to see Roger revealing himself to Jason in the basement.  He didn't have to do that.  Did family loyalty get the best of him?  Or did he fear that Jason, having broken into the basement room, would burn up the precious paintings with one of those matches?  Roger's much more worried than he was the last time he was discussing the paintings with Sam.

Jason asked Liz about her conscience.  A very interesting question, and one which I have considered before.  But now is not the time to think about it; we still don't know what exactly the wicked deed is that Jason thinks should be weighing on Liz's conscience.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »
Jason is a great character to watch, but he's an out-and-out bastard. He is the LAST person on earth who should be giving lectures on having a conscience. He clearly doesn't have one. Elizabeth on the other hand, who hasn't left Collinwood in 18 years, is clearly tortured. I won't go into spoilers but most viewers are aware by this time there has to be some good reason why she hasn't lifted a foot off of Collinwood soil and Jason is exploiting it for his own selfish reasons.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 05:32:53 PM »
When Jason joins Roger in the basement, he stands under an overhead light. But instead of turning it on, he lights a match and nearly burns his fingers. Roger has no compunction whatever about shining his flashlight right in Jason's eyes. Go Roger!!!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 10:40:48 AM »
Elizabeth on the other hand, who hasn't left Collinwood in 18 years, is clearly tortured.
Well, I don't know about that.  Is she tortured by her conscience, or is she just scared?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 11:00:14 AM »
Take 2... who goofed?   There's an edit during the Roger-Jason scene in the basement, maybe something to do with that.   Jason pauses briefly with hands on upstairs railing, as if to laugh maniacally as he drives everyone out of his house.

They always act as if "the basement" is one small room, with a smaller locked room attached.  Wouldn't there be possibly thirty times more basement, in a mansion that size?

Roger: "A wealth of dust, perhaps."  Good one.   By Marmorstein.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 12:58:07 PM »
I wish Marmorstein had stayed on DS, the show was more grounded in the real world when he and Ron Sproat were the writers.

I never did understand why Sam Hall stated that he couldn't "even cue Grayson on his scripts" and that they were poorly written.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 02:40:12 PM »
Well, I don't know about that.  Is she tortured by her conscience, or is she just scared?

Probably both. She hasn't left Collinwood for 18 years, so there has to be some reason for it...something that's eating at her. Elizabeth comes off as a lady of strength a lot of time, but obviously Jason knows something about her to make her shake in her boots...out of guilt as much as fear. As least that's what it comes across to me.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 06:36:42 PM »
I wish Marmorstein had stayed on DS, the show was more grounded in the real world when he and Ron Sproat were the writers.

I never did understand why Sam Hall stated that he couldn't "even cue Grayson on his scripts" and that they were poorly written.
Well no one could write as well as Sam Hall according to Sam Hall. 

Jason considers he is a guest, while Elizabeth considers he is an intruder. He reveals he is broke and wants her to buy him a wardrobe.  The town is already no doubt talking about the single man staying at the mansion and then charging a wardrobe to her account.  Mrs. J. Will be sure to tell no tales about that in town.  Jason reveals to Roger he has not seen his buddy Paul in 18 years.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Watching Project

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 12:53:11 AM »
The Robservations caps for this ep have been posted.  [ghost_smiley]