Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1136  (Read 595 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1136
« on: February 14, 2017, 11:59:56 PM »
Robservations #1136

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1136

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 09:38:39 PM »
Gerard thinks the mask must be worth a fortune. It looks like a grade school art project witha few plastic jewels glued on.  Gerard lets Leticia go and follows her to cemetery but she disappears into the grave so he cannot find her.
Gerard confronts Daphne at Collinwood and  asks her real name saying she lied about her origin. All this investigation and quick learning someone's whereabouts is distracting.
Julia puts the head back on the body.
Gerard is playing music from NODS which I associate with Angelique, but it is actually Johanna since she came first. Q says he burned it and tells Gerard the sordid story of Johanna.
The experiment has started and they need lightening. At least this is sensible, but when did Julia become and electrician?  Body glows and moves. Heart is beating?  Judah is alive. This is just way worse than any of the inconsistencies during the Adam and Eve creation storyline. I can't believe i don't  remember this at all and surely I must have watched it originally. I do remember not liking the Judah story so maybe I just blocked it out.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 10:46:05 PM »
Gerard sees the mask and sees dollar signs. I see an attempt to evoke/rip off Black Sunday. Where is Barbara Steele when we need her?
Lots of back story about Quentin's doomed relationship with Joanna Mills. Maybe this will pay off later but leaving sheet music around isn't exactly on a par with the Amityville Horror.
Gerard definitely has a thing for Daphne. It seems to be one sided. She manages to put him in his place very quickly and effectively. But there's nothing to indicate anything that would have these two haunting It up together in 1970. Daphne also seems to have some kind of beef with Quentin. Naturally, he's oblivious.
Julia and her Igor equivalent Leticia are playing Humpty Dumpty in a cave with the pieces of Judah Zachary. I remember watching this in 1970 and thinking that the show really wants to impress me with this. I wasn't. I'm still not. If Judah was supposed to be so powerful, he should have been able to conjure up some better circumstances for his big comeback. Maybe like something indoors. Or sanitary.
The whole thing is reminiscent of earlier lab experiments with Adam, Eve, Roxanne etc and it is simply not as compelling. I can't fault Grayson or Nancy in these scenes but this, to me anyway, is the nadir of DS.
I wish Elvira had hosted these episodes.
Fade Away and Radiate