Author Topic: 1795 Blooper?  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
1795 Blooper?
« on: July 11, 2003, 04:00:09 PM »
Hey guys,

Now, I've been watching this show for over a decade, and you'd think that I'd notice something like this, but you know ... forest from the trees ...

So, I'm watching my DS Dvds (set 5, I believe ... the one that covers the most gripping moments of the "Angelique will be mistress of Collinwood over everyone else' dead bodies" story), and I notice, near the beginning, that Josette's portrait is hanging in her bedroom in the Old House.

Huh, I thought to myself.  Didn't Barnabas special order that and then hung it over the mantel in the Old House, pissing new wifey Angelique off royally just before he shot her?  So I watched that ep (classic, classic), and .... sho nuff!

So what gives?  'Cuz a few episodes after I noticed that Josette's portrait was in her bedroom ... it was gone!!!  I've never heard this "blooper" mentioned before ... or am I just nuts?  I put this before y'all ... has anyone else ever noticed this?

Inquiring minds,

Nicky (who hopes to be Nicky when he posts this)
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
Re:1795 Blooper?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 07:16:31 PM »
According to the Dark Shadows Almanac, the portrait kept hanging there by mistake after the show switched from the present to 1795. After that one episode (#374), it was taken down since it wasn't supposed to arrive until later on in the storyline.

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 10:02:30 PM »
According to the Dark Shadows Almanac, the portrait kept hanging there by mistake after the show switched from the present to 1795. After that one episode (#374), it was taken down since it wasn't supposed to arrive until later on in the storyline.

I felt that was the main reason that portrait would come and go as it did...

Sarah's [ghost]

TRASK!   >:D   if he were tied to a tree, the tree would die of fright!
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 09:05:14 AM »
Nicky (who hopes to be Nicky when he posts this)

Well, you weren't :P

BTW, love the new avatar. Some of us still have 7 episodes of Buffy to watch, so it's like the show hasn't even ended yet. ;) Maybe I'll just save them for September and pretend they're really an abbreviated 8th season. [idea2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2003, 07:49:15 PM »
You're so lucky to still have eps you haven't seen, MB, though I don't know how you hold out.  Oh yeah, never mind.  Hee hee.

This is how it felt when DS wasn't on anymore in the 70s.  And I'm not a big Angel fan, so that's no consolation, though with James Marsters in the cast I may, you know, force myself to watch it. ;)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »
......I'm not a big Angel fan, so that's no consolation, though with James Marsters in the cast I may, you know, force myself to watch it. ;)

Is that a done deal?  An absolute, he's already filming episodes, no kidding, he's really gonna do it, DONE deal?

That would make me very happy. [smrtasb]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2003, 11:05:55 PM »
Is that a done deal?  An absolute, he's already filming episodes, no kidding, he's really gonna do it, DONE deal?

Not quite sure if Angel has begun preduction for the 5th season yet. If not, it should begin very soon. But so far as I've read (announcements on The WB's Web site, reports in the trades and magazines (including this week's TV Guide), comments from Joss), it's a done deal. The only thing that still remains a mystery is how a character who supposedly died in the Buffy finale will resurface on Angel. But knowing Joss, I'm sure he has something quite interesting up his sleeve.

(BTW, I still have 3 Angels to watch, too. ;) Despite not having seen the 7 episodes previous to it, I did watch the Buffy finale because, well, I just had to, but I still have no idea how Angel's season ended. And unlike a certain someone else :P, I'm definitely a big fan of Angel - and someone who agrees with the many critics who've said that Angel has often outshone Buffy in terms of plot and character.)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2003, 01:42:54 AM »
it's a done deal. The only thing that still remains a mystery is how a character who supposedly died in the Buffy finale will resurface on Angel. But knowing Joss, I'm sure he has something quite interesting up his sleeve.

My guess ("I have a theory...") is that the Shanshu prophecy introduced on Angel actually refers to Spike fulfilling HIS destiny.  All it said, after all, was that a vampire with a soul will be rewarded with the ability to live and die, and Wesley just assumed it was talking about Angel.  And Spike certainly redeemed himself with that final (or so we thought at the time) unselfish act of self-sacrifice.  A human Spike might be interesting, and why would we need 2 vampires-with-a-soul that can't go out into the sunlight, though I do prefer my Spike on the pasty side. ;)

BTW, I still have 3 Angels to watch, too. ;) Despite not having seen the 7 episodes previous to it, I did watch the Buffy finale because, well, I just had to, but I still have no idea how Angel's season ended.

Angel finale good.  You will dig.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2003, 02:53:50 AM »
ahem.......this thread seems to have strayed a bit from it's original topic.  Shouldn't someone look into moving it....perhaps to a Buffy/Angel Forum somewhere?......hmm?  [smrtasb]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas