Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0955  (Read 1331 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0955
« on: March 12, 2010, 10:58:11 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0955
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 04:59:46 AM »
See, this kind of thing is why I don't believe in perfect marriages.   One minute you're making doe-eyes at each other, the next minute one's trying to make the other into a human torch.   Give me an imperfect marriage every time.

Oh look, Ang is using the thoughtful touching figurine against dreamy, dreamy perfect Sky!   Doesn't it belong to her now though?

Someone, I guess KLS, walks behind Barnabas during his close-up.   When and how did this tradition of very long "friendship hugs" between Barnabas and Maggie start?   We get two in this episode...   It should be a personal rule for Barnabas, end the friendship hugs the second Ang turns up again.   Ang on the rebound starts to cause trouble within 24 hours!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 10:36:01 PM »
Oh look, Ang is using the thoughtful touching figurine against dreamy, dreamy perfect Sky!   Doesn't it belong to her now though?
I think she was using a tie of his on the figurine.  It did strike me as surprising that the tie was immediately available.  Was she planning to pack it and take it with her as a souvenir of her second disastrous marriage?  If so, what might she have as a souvenir of her first disastrous marriage?

Kathryn Leigh Scott got a pitchfork on her hand again today - just like old times.  In times of stress, Angelique reverts to a previous stage of childhood.

Sky acted very naive today in the Old House living room.  I suppose that's his basic character, which was overlaid by the business mogul persona that he adopted to go with the success that the Leviathans gave him.  Sort of like Charles Delaware Tate adopting an artist persona to go with the talent that Petofi gave him, but neither persona being quite right for the impostors.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 12:26:35 AM »
2/20/70

It's great to see Angelique back in the action with her usage of witchcraft!  Hopefully she can be a great ally for Barnabas and company!  I really like Angie’s coat!  

Thankfully the Q man is back on the scene helping B out.  GOOD LORD!  Once again Miss Angie is up to her old tricks! YAWN!   Will she ever learn…this is getting old!   She is casting the same type of spell on Maggie and Quentin that she cast on Josette and Jermiah.   [spoiler]Were the writers just trying to come up with shit?  Do you think they planned at this point for Parallel Time?  Or were they trying to make all this work by starting stories and seeing where it took them?“[/spoiler]  In the immortal words of Vicki Winters I don't understand!”  
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 12:52:22 AM »
I agree, Taeylor.  I do hate it when they shoehorn in some obvious repeat of an old scene or plot point from a more popular period of DS, to increase ratings I guess.   That's what the Q/Maggie scene was I'm pretty sure.   Note how it comes and goes fast, so that it can be dropped into the story without affecting things long-term.

This shows a lack of respect for the viewers, on the part of guess-who.   You can't just isolate one plot point that belonged in an earlier storyline, throw it into a later storyline where it doesn't belong, and expect viewers to like it.   We're not Pavlovian dogs with knee-jerk reactions.   Ang's love spells mattered in the original context; here they don't.   You can't just throw things at the story to see what sticks.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 05:27:21 AM »
Ack, another instance in which a character can speak sentences while being choked.  Sky even managed to let out an AUGH before collapsing.

I, for one, am happy to see the the Real Housewife act come to an end, though I hope Angelique gets to keep the trophy wife wardrobe.  The blue two-piece suit looks stunning on LP, and the fall blended perfectly with her own hair.  She got some terrific dialogue here too, especially in her scene with the Q-man.  ("Well, don't just stand there, Quentin. Kiss me.")  Did Gordon Russell really write it?

Someone, I guess KLS, walks behind Barnabas during his close-up.

You can hear the terrace fountain start burbling while Angelique was still standing over Sky... so if the crew was in such a hurry to get to the next scene, you'd think they would also make sure KLS was in place for it.

When and how did this tradition of very long "friendship hugs" between Barnabas and Maggie start?   We get two in this episode...   It should be a personal rule for Barnabas, end the friendship hugs the second Ang turns up again.   Ang on the rebound starts to cause trouble within 24 hours!

That was just marvelous, MT.  (Was it only 2 hugs?)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 12:51:59 AM »
I think Quentin and Angelique would make a good couple.

Granted, it couldn't last long, because they're both  and ego-maniacle, but hey, great eye-candy!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 08:19:39 AM »
That was just marvelous, MT.  (Was it only 2 hugs?)

Thanks Midnite.... Maybe those hugs were so major that they felt compelled to act as if they were involved in later episodes.   I think it's funnier though for them to be "just friends", yet hugging each other for hours at a time!  ... while fallen leaves accumulate on them, squirrels make nests in their hair...

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 04:07:03 AM »
Didn't Angelique learn the first time, that her spell wasn't really successful. Even though Barnabas
wasn't always smart with the ladies. But he wouldn't fall for her again.

I think the writers where trying to she what the fans thought of Maggie and Quentin together.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate