Author Topic: Intro by Frid  (Read 947 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Intro by Frid
« on: November 30, 2013, 08:58:53 AM »
There's an article in our newspaper about a program on PBS (Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning on our station) called "My Music: Classical Rewind" - designed to introduce new people to classical music.  Many famous musicians introduce the pieces and Bach's "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor" is introduced with a vintage clip of Frid!!  Here's a link to the article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2013/11/29/Lubinsky-goes-classical-for-PBS-pledge-special/stories/201311290044
Josette

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Intro by Frid
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 09:29:46 PM »
I hope we'll get to see that clip introduced by Mr. Frid. Bach is probably my favorite composer, although this is not among my favorite works. Would like to hear what Mr. Frid has to say about it.

I happen to be planning a music program for next Spring and am hoping to include Bach's lovely "Air" performed by a string ensemble.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 05:51:26 AM »
It turned out not to be an intro, but a clip from the show.  They were playing the "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor" and showing scenes of Bela Lugosi as Dracula and some other things.  Then they finally showed Barnabas' portrait and then Josette's, then Barnabas himself with a speech beginning, "I'm alive!"  It's been so long since I've seen any of it, but I assume that was when he was first released from the coffin and went to the Old House and talked to Josette's portrait.

Jim Pierson (I'm assuming the same one) was listed as one of the Executive Producers, and under Archival Footage was a credit for Dan Curtis Productions.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 05:59:16 AM »
Yes, Pierson is a producer on all of T.J. Lubinsky's PBS specials.  [santa_smiley]

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 07:18:53 AM »
I had forgotten about this.  They were showing "Classical Rewind" and that sounded interesting, so I watched it.  It did seem familiar, but I didn't realize what it was until the Barnabas scene showed up and then I recalled watching it before and this thread.  Our station seems to be showing it several times lately, so if anyone is interested, they might find it on their station.
Josette