Author Topic: Technical problems on your site (current talk, poll archives)  (Read 1018 times)

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Technical problems on your site (current talk, poll archives)
« on: November 13, 2005, 03:00:58 AM »
When I went in to check the votes on the polls I created, I found I could not access the results, except by submitting a vote of my own.  Is there a way I can retract the votes I placed on my own polls ( which I did because there was no way to view the results)?  I had set up the polls so that cousins could change the votes they submitted, also so that poll results could be viewed while the polls are in progress. I did not want to be voting in my own polls as that biases the results, but I had no choice because of the technical glich.

Also, when I wanted to reply to your message in poll archives to share this concern, there was no reply button.

Can you check on this? Thanks.
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Technical problems on your site (current talk, poll archives)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 03:41:55 AM »
when I wanted to reply to your message in poll archives to share this concern, there was no reply button.

Redirection topics (the titles begin with "MOVED:") are locked, so there are no reply or quote buttons.  But you're welcome to post any technical question for MB here that hasn't already been addressed.

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Technical problems in new polls that got moved to Current Talk
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 04:08:09 AM »
Due to a technical malfunction on the site, I was unable to view your votes. The system would only allow me to do that by submitting my own vote to my own polls, biasing the poll results.

Since the system won't allow me to close the polls ( at least I don't know how to do this manually), I am therefore recreating the poll in poll archives in hopes that this technical glich won't happen again.

Also the polls got moved out of poll archives into Current Talk since it was felt they would get more exposure in Current Talk.  This time I hope it won't be necessary for them to do this since they will get exposure in Current Talk by way of the reply being posted.

Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Technical problems on your site (current talk, poll archives)
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 05:46:40 AM »
TNickey, to answer your first question, admins and mods (only) can affect the voting results.  And sorry, but the voting in the 2nd set of polls (currently in Polls Archive) has been locked until MB is able to deal with the complication of duplicate polls.  Thanks!