Author Topic: It's Happening Again  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
It's Happening Again
« on: January 23, 2010, 11:41:18 PM »
I think I recall bringing this up when it happened before.  I go to Robservations to get my daily DS fix, and this time all it gave was:  "Error!  Hacking Attempt!"  I've used several servers from IE to Flock to the old Netscape and all say the same thing.  I need my DS daily episode fix!

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: It's Happening Again
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 11:56:15 PM »
Wow - every single time I think I've caught and fixed what causes this, another incident crops up (there was one just a few days ago). The problem really isn't anything to worry about. It's just that an apostrophe appears in a character string in the database instead of the ASCII code for an apostrophe: ' - in this case

Code: [Select]
:'(
instead of

Code: [Select]
:'(
To say that the database doesn't not like actual apostrophes would be an understatement. Though why the system indicates it's a hacking attempt, I have no idea. But the good news is that it's fixed. And hopefully this is the last time I'll have to fix something like it. And thanks, Gerard, for pointing it out because otherwise I would have completely missed it because I had no plans to check out the Robs board before the slideshow would update in about another hour...

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 12:45:13 AM »
Thanks, MB!  It's working fine now!  I've gotten my fix!  You're a great dealer!

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 01:03:51 AM »
If only dealing out DS highs was as profitable as dealing out the other kinds.  [b003]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 01:54:23 AM »
Do please let us know of problems, but when that particular error appears, you can enter the board in the meantime via the link under the "Last Post" column on the right side of the home page listing.  From that post, it would be a matter of searching that board for the episode # (or title for other boards) to find the topic you want, or using the previous/next feature.  Hope that helps with withdrawal symptoms. [smlyb]