Author Topic: Regarding Dario Argento.....  (Read 951 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Regarding Dario Argento.....
« on: June 13, 2003, 03:48:39 AM »
I just caught a short film about (not BY) Dario Argento on the Independant Film Channel......the title is "An Eye For Horror"

I'd never heard of him before I saw his films discussed here so I thought I'd mention this in case any of his fans didn't know such a film existed.

I don't know how you'd go about finding out if and when it might be shown again....don't know if it's a new production or something that's been around.....just thought I'd share.  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Regarding Dario Argento.....
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 04:49:13 AM »
I don't know how you'd go about finding out if and when it might be shown again....don't know if it's a new production or something that's been around.....just thought I'd share.

Thanks!  Copied this on http://www.ifctv.com's schedule. What DID we do before the internet?

Thursday, Jun 12 @ 9:30 PM    Dario Argento: An Eye For Horror  (1991)

Additional Show Times
   Friday, June 13  2:00 AM 
   Friday, June 13  5:00 AM 

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 02:38:22 AM »
I don't know why I didn't see this post until now!  But I guess it doesn't matter since I'm sure I don't get the International Film Channel at my cable level.

But thanks for calling this to our attention, Luciaphil.

I am anxious to re-view "Suspiria" now that I have the Anchor Bay tape -- it looks like a wholly new movie compared to the print that SciFi ran.

I also purchased "Inferno," and was quite fascinated with it.  It's clear that every detail of every scene is carefully composed and is EXACTLY what Argento wanted on the screen.

"Tenebrae" and "Deep Red" (Profondo Rosso -- excuse my Italian) are perhaps his highest ranked after Suspiria, and I'm curious about them yet hesitant since they are supposed to have extremely bloody scenes, which is not really my cup of tea.

>:D

-Vlad

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 03:50:07 PM »
But thanks for calling this to our attention, Luciaphil.

Twas not moi :) I don't get the Independent Film Channel...

Thanks to Rainey.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga