Author Topic: Mark Rainey (and MB...)  (Read 696 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Mark Rainey (and MB...)
« on: March 28, 2002, 11:21:23 PM »
Mark, I think it's you who has the cool
Mark
signature (that floats at bottom).
I tried looking...I've no clue how/where to do something like that.
MB...I see on profile...something about signature/YaBB text...but, uh, brain dead :P
Also MB...I like the new avatars, but don't know how to apply them.
Thanks
Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Rainey (and MB...) from the link in your posts
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2002, 02:10:34 AM »
signature (that floats at bottom).
I tried looking...I've no clue how/where to do something like that.
MB...I see on profile...something about signature/YaBB text...but, uh, brain dead :P

Patti,

Many of the YaBBC codes are explained in the posting section in the help files. I'm not quite sure whose signature you're referring to (Mark's has the cover of DoTD), but if you wanted to, say, create a signature that moves across the page like this:

Patti

what you would do is type this:
Code: [Select]
[move]PATTI[/move]
in the signature box on your profile page. (But remember that this will only work if you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer as your browser.)

Also MB...I like the new avatars, but don't know how to apply them.

To select an avatars, first go to your profile page and scroll down to the section marked "Personal text." On the right side in that section you'll see a black box that lists the names of the avatars that are currently available to choose from. Scroll through the list until you see the name of the one that you're interested in, and then click on it. That avatar should then display itself on the page. If you decide you don't really like that one after all, keep scrolling through the list until you see the name of another you might like, and then click on its name to see it. Once you've decided which one you want scroll down to the bottom of the profile page and click on the "Change profile" button. Once that goes through, you should see the version of your profile that others see if they check out your profile from the link in your posts, and the new avatar should be displayed on the right side of the page under "Picture/Text" :)

I hope this helps you out, Patti. But if not, please don't hesitate to ask more questions. [winkg]