Author Topic: Midnite???  (Read 861 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Midnite???
« on: May 01, 2002, 01:26:58 AM »
Did you send me an email w/attachment? I am more than a little paranoid! Given all the problems, I've been deleting most that I don't expect.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Midnite???
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2002, 03:14:55 AM »
I am more than a little paranoid! Given all the problems, I've been deleting most that I don't expect.

Good!  I didn't send you anything, but a nasty virus that's making the rounds (Klez) is sending itself out and can appear to be from me but isn't.  I've also received a couple of emails saying they're from you, but a check of the expanded headers shows that NONE of them originated from your computer.  This virus is so sneaky that it gets into address books and not only sends itself out while pretending to be from someone else, it also steals email titles.  I get the durn thing between 5 and 10 times a day and fortunately my Norton program takes care of it.

So don't open any attachments right now unless you have antivirus software and have also updated it so that it's current.  I've rarely sent attachments to anyone else using these boards, so unless you've requested something from me and I've told you when it's coming, don't open it, and if you don't have A/V software then I recommend you go as far as your recycling bin to delete it!