Author Topic: Is there an update on the ds movies?  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Evan Hanley

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Is there an update on the ds movies?
« on: May 18, 2007, 10:39:56 PM »
Is there an update when hods and nods is comming out on dvd? I hope its this yr.
Evan Hanley

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an update on the ds movies?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 01:07:26 AM »
back in march Warner Brothers said in an online chat that they would be putting them out this year - they said they would be presented in nice widescreen transfers, but if NODS will be the restored version remains to be seen
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 06:07:57 AM »
I read somewhere that they were coming out this fall--August, September, etc. Maybe they'll be out in time for the Fest? That would be awesome!

I think I read a news bite about it on Stuart's site--www.collinwood.net. Go there and click on the "News" link and scroll through. It's probably still there.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 08:09:09 PM »
Whatever happened to the restoration website Darren Gross had?  I'm very anxious to know when the dvd is being released and what special features it will have.
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 01:47:57 PM »
It would be great if this was FINALLY the year they released the movies on DVD....though I'm more partial to HODS than NODS. But I digress...

Hopefully the movies will be out on DVD soon. But we'll just have to wait and see...

Offline ShadowsAtlanta

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 04:12:17 AM »
At this point they could just bypass standard DVD and go straight to BluRay and HD-DVD.

Imagine seeing the glimmering saliva on Barn's fangs and the individual green threads on Julia's jackets!

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 07:12:13 AM »
I closed down the website several months back for a few different reasons, one of them being that it wasn't generating enough revenue to pay for its upkeep and ip registration costs.

Any special features for the discs (and whether NODS will be restored for it) is still being decided. Negotiations have been going on for months and for the sake of the project, I'm not at liberty to discuss or speculate about anything until a concrete decision has been made- another reason I pulled the website.

Stay tuned.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 09:55:43 AM »
Negotiations have been going on for months and for the sake of the project, I'm not at liberty to discuss or speculate about anything until a concrete decision has been made

No gnus is good gnus  :D
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 06:13:58 PM »
Any special features for the discs (and whether NODS will be restored for it) is still being decided. Negotiations have been going on for months and for the sake of the project, I'm not at liberty to discuss or speculate about anything until a concrete decision has been made- another reason I pulled the website.

Yikes! Doesn't sound good for a release this year. I may have to revisit the vhs  :(
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 03:13:09 PM »
Some DVD sites mentioned that both films were being released on one disc.
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 05:45:22 PM »
I believe that was the plan.  :(  But let's hope the plan changes...

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 06:55:33 AM »
I believe that was the plan.  :(  But let's hope the plan changes...

Wouldn't it be more convenient, as well as cost-saving to the consumer, to have the two movies on a flipper disc?  Midnite Madness has done a fantastic job with restoring prints of Roger Corman's Edgar Allan Poe movies, Vampire Lovers, and Who Slew Auntie Roo ... all of these were flipper discs, some with director's audio commentary.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 01:54:26 PM »
Wouldn't it be more convenient, as well as cost-saving to the consumer, to have the two movies on a flipper disc?  Midnite Madness has done a fantastic job with restoring prints of Roger Corman's Edgar Allan Poe movies, Vampire Lovers, and Who Slew Auntie Roo ...

I agree, for the most part. MGM's Midnight Movies discs have all been very nice - beautiful anamorphic transfers, supplemental features etc. I'm not crazy about flippers because they're more difficult to keep free of scratches and fingerprints, I'd prefer a two-disc set. But obviously those things are pretty trivial. I'd be more than pleased to get a flipper if it had both films in nice 16x9 presentations. And I'm willing to wait as long as it takes if it means NIGHT will be properly restored. That's the most important thing to me -

(I'm no economics major, but if enough of us are willing to shell out for 32 4-disc box-sets to make it worth MPI's while, I just can't fathom why WB hasn't ponied up already to restore one film that every one of us will buy?!)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 07:43:14 PM »
If they stick to a single disc, one can only hope they'll use a double-sided or dual-layer disc because the alternative is too horrifying to even contemplate.  :o  But I'd much prefer to see each film on its own dual-layer disc. Though that's probably much too much to dream about - much less expect.  :(