Author Topic: Jonah Collins  (Read 654 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Jonah Collins
« on: December 14, 2005, 04:55:44 PM »
I was watching an ep from boxset 11 last night where Roger and Liz went to check out the Collins mauseleum to see if it could be fixed up w/a bell for her to ring if she was buried aliva yada-yada [spoiler](this is when they find Joe passed out in the main room).[/spoiler]Anyway, on the way to the mauseleum they discover a grave for a man named Jonah Collins who died June 15, 1863.  Could this be a Civil War death?  The Gettysburg Campaign began June 13 and ended July 24, 1863 and the 3rd Maine Infantry Regiment participated in it.  Interesting to think about... [santa_cool]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
More on Jonah
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 04:59:55 PM »
Forgot to mention in my original post, Jonah was 23 when he died, the perfect age for a CW soldier.  It also means he was born in 1840!  The last FULL ep of 1840 airs in January of 1971 (January 1840).  Maybe Jonah was the son of Desmond and Leticia?   [santa_rolleyes]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Jonah Collins
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 06:25:25 PM »
Sounds too perfect to me to be a complete coincidence.  Perhaps someone in the production was particularly interested and knowledgable about the Civil War and brought it up. [wink2]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: More on Jonah
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 07:10:54 PM »
It also means he was born in 1840!  The last FULL ep of 1840 airs in January of 1971 (January 1840).

Umm - that would be January of 1841.  [santa_wink]

If Jonah was born in 1840 (it's possible that he could have been born in 1839 and simply not had his 24th birthday before he died), he was either born to a branch of the family that we didn't see, or perhaps Edith and Gabriel were even more heartless than we might have imagined and they'd even shipped their newborn son off with their other two children.  :o

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Jonah Collins
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 05:11:20 AM »
Personal spoilers in much of this for me so i skipped a lot of this thread, but I'll throw one thing in here for anyone working out dates.... as I understand it there was a calendar change of some kind that results in Washington's birthday originally having been some day other than Feb. 22.     The number changed to 22 after he lived at some point I think.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor