Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0259  (Read 876 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0259
« on: March 22, 2007, 05:07:21 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0259
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 03:01:48 PM »
Back to Elizabeth, and her big moment leaving the house.  Very silly, when the big moment was in fact leaving the estate.  I think it could have been done, with an in-car shot - Liz looking through the windshield and saying, "There are the gates.  Vicky, stop the car!  No, go on, I must do this."

And then there's Carolyn's accident.  Has anybody ever seen a car burst into flames?  I've seen a car roll over. Well, actually, I think it was an SUV.  It looked very natural, like a dog rolling over on command from its master.  But flames?  Only on TV.

And Dana Elcar's head had been freshly waxed.

Oddly enough, for all my mockery of the episode, this was the one that made me a Joan Bennett fan, a few years back.  Before I saw this episode, I didn't have much use for her.  That mannered style didn't appeal to me at all.  But I watched the scene with Vicky in Liz's bedroom - and SHAZAM!  Suddenly it clicked, and that mannered style seemed just right, and it has seemed just right ever since.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 04:51:09 PM »
Great episode.

I hate that moustache on Dana Elcar, he looks so much better without it. Fortunately it was only a one-episode deal as we never see it on him again for his remaining time on the show.

It was great to see Elizabeth finally break down and finally confide in someone about what went on 18 years ago. And I'm glad that someone was Vicki. I always loved that mother/daughter bond that grew between them even though we never found out more about Vicki's parentage (hmph! [vryangb]) I think Elizabeth became a mother figure to Vicki and Vicki became like another daughter to Elizabeth (who knows? Maybe she actually was.... [scratch2])

Oh I wanted to smack Carolyn today. She questions her mother's motives for doing the most difficult thing she could have done under the circumstances, and that was to leave Collinwood, still carrying that heavy burden of that terrible secret she has been doing so for 18 years. Elizabeth would not have done that if she hadn't been so intent on wanting to prove her love for Carolyn and what does Carolyn do....accuse her mother of forgetting about her father! Um, hello, Carolyn, why do you think your mom never left Collinwood (I mean I know Carolyn had no way of knowing what went down between Elizabeth and Paul that night, but she had to have figured out that her mother's confining herself to Collinwood since her father's disappearance so many years earlier might actually have had something to do with daddy dearest!).  [rleyeb]

Speaking of daddy dearest Paul...how about him abandoning and forgetting the two women who should have meant more to him than anything and never bothering to come home, never bothering to get in touch with them?! I wish someone could have pointed this out to Carolyn's rebellious, thick-skulled head.

And Jason telling Elizabeth to forget about Carolyn....ARGH!!!! What a rotten man!  [madan] Elizabeth should have told him to go to hell for expecting her to turn her back on her own flesh and blood.

Again great episode, and the performances by Joan, Nancy and Alexandra were superb.

CT!_CTP/FITBs

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 04:29:59 PM »
Good show, good acting for all.

Jason's head is getting to big. He is pushing Liz to much. This is the beginning of his end do you think?  The writers really want us to HATE him so much.
[spoiler]Is this susposed to make us like Barnabas more when he kills Jason. I know I cheered. I wonder how many dead bodies are barried around the estate?[/spoiler]
To bad Liz couldn't just slap Carolyn. Did Liz ever slap someone?

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 05:46:58 PM »
I recall [spoiler]Elizabeth slapping Roger when she found him staring at Angelique's portrait and he thought he was Joshua and she Naomi and was yelling at her, accusing her of being drunk. She slapped him to bring him back to his senses, in which he did come back to.[/spoiler]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 03:43:15 AM »
So this was the big "Elizabeth leaves Collinwood estate, only to be rebuffed by Carolyn" episode.  I loved that scene of her long walk to the door. [bigok] Poor Elizabeth, she was trying to show Carolyn how much she loved her.  [cryg]  Carolyn was a BITCH!!  [angrg] I prefer Dana Elcar without the mustache, too.  [thumb] Jason just burns me up!  [angryf] The nerve of him trying to make Elizabeth choose between him and Carolyn! [sadg] Of course, he would lose!  I'll be so happy when [spoiler]Barnabas kills Jason! [cheer][/spoiler]

-----  Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]