Author Topic: Jeff Clark / Peter Bradford ... huh?!?  (Read 3991 times)

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Jeff Clark / Peter Bradford ... huh?!?
« on: August 04, 2004, 02:09:32 PM »
So, was Jeff really Peter Bradford transported forward in time?  Or was he a reincarnation of Peter?

I have not seen many episodes post 1795 with him and was wondering how or if it was ever explained.
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff Clark / Peter Bradford ... huh?!?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 04:23:58 PM »
So, was Jeff really Peter Bradford transported forward in time?  Or was he a reincarnation of Peter?

We're led to believe it's the former.

was wondering how or if it was ever explained.

In #625 (and again in #626) Jeff went to the cemetery on his wedding day (romantic, no?), dug up Peter Bradford's grave, and found the coffin empty.

Robservations #625 - Wedding Day?

By #637 he had all the memories of Peter Bradford.  Before he exchanged vows with the Vicki wannabe he told her that marrying him would be like marrying a corpse.  Then when he was pulled back into the past, Jeff Clark's body went with him.

Robservations #637 - Mrs. Peter Bradford--or is that...

Somehow-- well, supposedly because of Vicki's love and his promise to her-- Peter, for a time (far too long as far as I'm concerned), lived again.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »

We're led to believe it's the former.

Very true. But then there's Prof. Stokes' stated belief in episode #660 that there was a real Jeff Clark, his body was possessed by Peter Bradford's spirit (presumably on that night that Clark was found wandering around with no memory of who he was), and when the spirit returned to its own time, the borrowed body was returned where it belonged. Stokes was sure that was true, so who knows? 

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 08:53:59 PM »
Perhaps the body Peter took in the present time was that of Ned Stuart?

Ned appeared on the scene a few weeks after Peter and Vicky left, so perhaps Ned "awakened" after Peter's spirit left him and took some recovery time before he was able to care for his sister Sabrina again.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 12:23:49 AM »
i'm now watching the post-1795 peter bradford eps.i really don't like him.he's not good enough for my sweet vic :-*.he seems unpopular with fans in general...why was the actor repeatedly brought back as other characters?contract?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 12:55:27 AM »
i'm now watching the post-1795 peter bradford eps.i really don't like him.he's not good enough for my sweet vic :-*.he seems unpopular with fans in general...why was the actor repeatedly brought back as other characters?contract?

Dan Curtis liked him, so he kept bringing him back.  Having him play Ned Stuart in the present and then two characters in 1897 (Dirk Wilkins and Charles Delaware Tate) was a big thumbs down for me.  Charles Tate was introduced barely two weeks after Dirk was written out!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 01:01:00 AM »
But then there's Prof. Stokes' stated belief in episode #660 that there was a real Jeff Clark, his body was possessed by Peter Bradford's spirit (presumably on that night that Clark was found wandering around with no memory of who he was), and when the spirit returned to its own time, the borrowed body was returned where it belonged. Stokes was sure that was true, so who knows?

I don't think we saw anybody telling Stokes about the empty coffin, but if it really was Peter's spirit possessing Jeff's body, why wasn't Peter's body in his grave? 

Roger did suggest graverobbers.  Um, yeah, they must've been after the hair.  ;)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 01:12:13 AM »
Quote from: Midnite
  Um, yeah, they must've been after the hair.  ;)

:P.... ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 02:38:44 AM »
but if it really was Peter's spirit possessing Jeff's body, why wasn't Peter's body in his grave?

That's a question that's way too logical for the DS writers to have ever considered. 

Roger did suggest graverobbers.  Um, yeah, they must've been after the hair.  ;)

That works for me. The robbers probably could have made at least three wigs with it.

Hmmm... That's it! That must be how it was done! The real Jeff Clark became possessed by Peter Bradford's spirit when poor Clark put on one of the Bradford wigs!! 

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 04:08:28 AM »
The robbers probably could have made at least three wigs with it.

Hmmm... That's it! That must be how it was done! The real Jeff Clark became possessed by Peter Bradford's spirit when poor Clark put on one of the Bradford wigs!! 

Ha ha, you're so wicked!

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 11:05:59 AM »
Quote from: joeytrom
Dan Curtis liked him, so he kept bringing him back.  Having him play Ned Stuart in the present and then two characters in 1897 (Dirk Wilkins and Charles Delaware Tate) was a big thumbs down for me.  Charles Tate was introduced barely two weeks after Dirk was written out!

I'm know I'm in the minority here but I thought that the Charles Delaware Tate character was one of the most interesting. I wonder how he filled up his time between 1897 and 1970.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Julian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 02:58:59 PM »
Tate probably filled the years between 1897 and 1970 by painting uninspired landscapes.

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2004, 04:48:05 PM »
......and did CDT ever fire his interior decorator after the curtain rod/shade fell off and hit the floor???

also.....tates creation......what a masterpiece!
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2004, 11:01:29 PM »
Midnite wrote:
the Vicki wannabe

and Patti laughed & laughed!!!

What a Woman!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2004, 03:12:58 PM »
I think Jeff Clark and Peter Bradford were the same person, meaning that Peter Bradford never died.  He had to keep taking the bar exam over and over again for the next 170 years until he went bonkers from the effort.

Gerard