Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0807  (Read 836 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0807
« on: October 08, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »
Robservations #807

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0807

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:45:57 AM »
Mr. Frid's second VO?  Welcome, Lair.  Tate is revealed as a Petofi associate, who owes his career and talent to Petofi, and is expected to pay a price eventually... which may be his soul, but I have to think they threw that in before they had actually figured out what Petofi wants and needs from people.  I'm not sure what he'd do with someone's soul.  Maybe he's thinking of opening up a branch Hell.

What are Aristede and Tate arguing about?  I can't tell.  I decided they might be having a contrived, unnecessary argument to reveal certain information to viewers this way.  We learn that Petofi lost his Hand in 1797.  If he doesn't get it back by 100 years exactly, he dies, and he's already starting to die.  He's in suspended animation.  If he does get it back, he's immortal. 

Why?  We know the Hand was cut off as the price for Julianka's mother having cured him of werewolfism.  Does it really seem likely that they would add all this stuff that might actually work out very well for him?  The gypsies, or one gypsy, took pity on him, but none of them really liked him, I would guess.  Are spells pre-written, with parts that cannot be changed?  Were they stuck with all these conditions that the gypsy in question had no choice about, if they wanted to perform the cure/spell?

Maybe this business we're hearing about now isn't connected to the gypsies, but to someone he went to after the Hand was taken.  Why would anyone include those conditions, though?  It occurred to me that [spoiler] Afterlife Guy, who intercepted Amanda Harris on her way down off the bridge in NYC, might have intercepted the Count too, and arranged all this.  It sounds like a similar deal.[/spoiler]

Aristede waits.  I amused self by assuming he was waiting to use the john, because the Count is sleepy from his self-induced trance, and only has one hand to do his business with.  He then hears Jamofi telepathically... so Aristede was waiting and waiting impatiently for the guy in the next room, or wherever Petofi is cocooned, to make mental contact with him, through a boy he's possessing a couple miles away or so.  Only on DS.

Magda has now assumed Julia's role as selfless voluntary helper.  Poor Magda.  She's received her "Truth", which is that she's to blame for everything.  With all these truths coming out, I wonder, do we all have these hidden dreads and guilts?

[candle_in_skull_2] [candle_in_skull_2] [female_skull]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 06:31:03 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 08:00:12 AM »
His first.  [hall2_smiley]

I'm pretty sure there was one before, but I don't know which episode.  I could be wrong, but it's firmly in my head for what it's worth.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 03:00:52 PM »
As far as I know, this is Mr. Frid's first VO--and very nicely done too.

Charles should help Charity put her shawl back on after her shocking experience--but he doesn't.

While waiting for his master to return, Aristede has furnished the old mill with lots of antique furniture. Welcome, large cabinet of unknown purpose!

Aristede then gives Charles (and us) some deep background on his employer: When the hand was taken from him in 1797, he was given exactly a hundred years to get it back. If he did, he'd live forever. And if he didn't? Charles asks. He dies, Aristede replies. He only has a few weeks. He's come so close so many times--he can't fail this time! Apparently delighted at this news, Charles bursts out, I hope he does fail! He's lived too long already. He's the embodiment of evil and thrives off the pain and sorrow of others. I hope he dies a violent, violent death. Your sentiments come as no surprise to me, Aristede replies. They can't even rouse me to anger, because I know something you don't: When Count Petofi's time is up, yours is up as well. Think about that, he advises the shocked Charles, and maybe you'll pray for him to succeed. Goodnight. Maybe I’ll surprise you, Charles says, rallying. I said GOOD NIGHT, Charles! Aristede shouts. Charles stomps back up the stairs and leaves as Aristede watches, shaking his head.

Meanwhile, J/P gives Magda her terrible truth about herself. She can't stop herself from helping him escape his underground prison. I feel more sorry for Magda than for the others whose truth has been revealed.