Author Topic: THE "BIG SIX"  (Read 3227 times)

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
Re: THE "BIG SIX"
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 02:41:15 AM »
The ratings weren't really that bad when ABC cancelled Dark Shadows, true they weren't as good as they had been during its peak, but they were still good. Maybe ABC had other reasons they wanted to cancel it.

I also read that the 1991 version had given NBC the best ratings that this time slot had had in quite some time. I'm not sure that this is true, but I did read it at the time the show was cancelled.

Misa

IluvBarnabas

Re: THE "BIG SIX"
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 04:12:12 AM »
I love Louis Edmonds as Roger, and all of the other characters he played. He played the arrogant snob to perfection. Nobody could have done as good a job, definitely could not be recast.  [santa_smiley]

Hear, hear!  Which is why, IMHO, Roy Thinnes was horrible as Roger in the NBC show.  Don't get me wrong, I love Roy Thinnes, just not as Roger Collins!  Louis had that wonderful SNEER that no one can reproduce.  ;)

I agree Louis was the best Roger, but I thought Roy was exceptionally good in the role. He was however, way over his head in the role of Reverend Trask. There he could not hold a candle to Jerry Lacy's portrayal unfortunately.

The only two roles that I think should have been recast were Randall Drew and Sky Rumson. Those guys just didn't seem to belong on the show and neither could act out of a paper bag!