Author Topic: Blooper?  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Blooper?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 05:50:47 AM »
How the heck do you hide text?

Check out "An Update About Spoilers":

... For now people need to type the two spoiler tags in their posts on their own:

Code: [Select]
[spoiler]spoiler text and/or image(s)[/spoiler]

on the Testing board.  :)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 06:02:00 AM »
Can someone let my know if my interpretation of this part of 1897 is accurate???

I'd say it's definitely a valid interpretation.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 10:40:45 AM »
Can someone let my know if my interpretation of this part of 1897 is accurate???

Fletcher - I also always thought that the skeleton was [spoiler]Trask.[/spoiler]  I agree with your interpretation.  [aprvg]

Chris and Joe are cousins on the Jennings/Haskell side of the family: Quentin's grand daughter (Leonore's daughter) married a Jennings (that much is obvious), but that Jennings apparently had a sister who married a Haskell.

Thanks for clearing that up, MB!  [cheesyg] I always wondered about that, and you explained it quite clearly to me. 

----- Sally -----
[/size]
[coolg]  8)
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 03:23:57 PM »
[spoiler]My understanding of the dead body walled-up in the room was this:  The children and the audience only "thought" it was Quentin's skeleton sitting in the chair.  We were led to believe it was Quentin for months and months.  But much later, near the end of the 1987 storyline, when the action played-out, we all found out that it wasn't Quentin's body at all -- it was Trask's body and he was sealed in the room by Judith.[/spoiler]

I think you're right Fletcher, now I remember!  That's why I was confused at the beginning of this thread and said[spoiler]that Judith shot Quentin and walled him up.  She shot Trask and walled *him* up.[/spoiler]I'm of course rewatching 1897 now on DVD, but haven't seen it since the early 90's when it came out on tape, so I forgot a lot of it.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2006, 05:32:38 AM »
Wow, now I am really confused.  I thought I had the whole thing figured out 30 years ago, but because nobody has even mentioned my understanding of the situation, I'm beginning to wonder if I misunderstood something -- way back in the 60s.

Here's my take on the original question:

[spoiler]My understanding of the dead body walled-up in the room was this:  The children and the audience only "thought" it was Quentin's skeleton sitting in the chair.  We were led to believe it was Quentin for months and months.  But much later, near the end of the 1987 storyline, when the action played-out, we all found out that it wasn't Quentin's body at all -- it was Trask's body and he was sealed in the room by Judith.[/spoiler]

To be honest, I thought this was a wonderful red hearing -- one of the best in the history of daytime television.  But, reading all your responses to the original question, I am beginning to think that I misunderstood something along the way.  I would assume that if my interpretation of the story is accurate, then one of you would have already mentioned it.    Hmmmm.  Now i am really questioning my memory.  I haven't seen that storyline since it's original viewing back in the 60s.  I assume some of you have seen the tapes/dvds, so certainly have clearer memories of what really played-out on screen.

Can someone let my know if my interpretation of this part of 1897 is accurate???  [spoiler]Wasn't  it Trask's skeleton all along?[/spoiler]

Hmmm... that was my interpretation all along, I'll have to go back and watch the episodes again though. Did they come right out and announce

[spoiler]when they were burying him in the toy chest (seriously, that toy chest is tiny, they would have had to fold the corpse up a bit to fit it in there) that the skeleton was Quentin? Or did David and Amy just assume that, along with the audience at the time. I find it hysterical too that the corpse was dressed in a red suit, Trask or Quentin apparently changed their clothes while entombed.[/spoiler]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006, 09:48:29 AM »
I recently saw the 1897 episodes on DVD.  You are right, arashi. [winkg]

[spoiler]David and Amy, along with the audience, DID think the corpse in Quentin's room was Quentin.  Late in the 1897 storyline, we find out that it REALLY was Trask.  I don't believe Barnabas knew that, though.  Only Judith and Tim knew FOR SURE.  Quentin (and maybe a few others) SUSPECTED it, but did not know.  I don't think Barnabas was privy to that information.[/spoiler]
----- Sally -----

8) [coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]