Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0674  (Read 521 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0674
« on: April 04, 2014, 03:32:02 PM »
Robservations #674

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0674

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 05:33:25 PM »
Pivotal-- Barnabas figures out Chris is a werewolf.  I derive no joy from watching him and Julia though, not even with a potentially great moment such as this, though, because they both speak in such a tense, halting way, as if it's a fight just to remember and get through the lines.  I tense up in sympathy and can't relax and lose myself in the story.  Mr. Frid doesn't have this trouble in past storylines, I imagine because he cares more about those, than about the unromantic, matter-of-fact present.  Barnabas refers to Mr. Wells' death, without naming him, referring to him as a hotel clerk, not the owner.

Oh so that's Donna Friedlander... the name's so familiar, but I never knew if she was a DS Forums poster, a character, or an actress.  Hello Goodbye, Donna.  Hay-la, hay-la hay-low-a.  Well, she did say she liked 'em moody.  I liked how instantly upfront she was about "her type"... unpleasant outfit unfortunately, which doesn't help her cause much.

They really should have had more guest actors, so we wouldn't automatically know that any new actor's going to be a victim.  It's actually strangely jarring to see a new face on DS at this point, it just seems wrong, because it hardly ever happens.

Before that though, a Jennings family meeting, where Chris interrogates Amy, in that ridiculous way that never works, of trying to get the other party to reveal that he/she knows something bad about the interrogator, without referring to or revealing what the bad thing is.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 07:50:07 PM »
This is the third night of the full moon. The writers are stretching this out.

Donna is wearing a bright red suit. Maybe if she had watched Star Trek, she would know why it's such a bad idea to wear red.

Julia's royal blue dress and scarf suit her coloring very nicely. When Barnabas says he thinks Chris is a werewolf, she is incredulous. I can't believe it! she protests, even though she has seen ghosts, time travel, the effects of a witch’s spells and even the devil himself--not to mention that a former vampire regards her as his “dear friend.” Now that Barnabas has decided to help Chris, he no longer refers to him by the colder, more remote “Jennings.”

I never thought Mr. Wells owned the Collinsport Inn. I thought he was just the clerk. But of course I could be wrong.

Amy tells Chris that Mrs. Stoddard gave her a book about a little girl from colonial times, a Collins ancestor. It can only be poor Sarah.

The tall foyer clock strikes 5:00 p.m. Barnabas stands next to it, a look of determination on his face. Donna admires the portrait of the “first” Barnabas. You had to have posed for it, she tells him. If I had, he answers lightly, think how old it would make me. They move to the drawing room, where Carolyn is serving tea. Julia already has a cup. Barnabas’s rare smile lingers as he enters the drawing room.

Barn is compassionate when he tells Julia about the panic he saw on Chris's face, but he still orders her around as if she were his servant.

Donna runs through the woods in terror, the werewolf close behind her. Thinking she’s safe for the moment, she stops to catch her breath. It is the last mistake she will ever make....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 02:06:00 AM »
I remember Mr. Wells as being Maggie's employer, from the start of the show.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 05:25:21 PM »
I had forgotten that! Poor old guy!