Author Topic: The July 23rd Episodes (Spoilers!)  (Read 589 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The July 23rd Episodes (Spoilers!)
« on: July 23, 2005, 09:07:48 PM »
It's interesting to see that no matter whether Carolyn is possessed of all her faculties, as in ep #542, or she certainly has a few missing, as in ep #1064, she can expertly evade Barnabas' questioning when she wants to keep secrets. But then, if you ask me, the talent for indignant defiance in the face of suspicion is ingrained in the Collins genes, and it's a talent they never lose the knack of no matter how loony they might become.  [wink2]

It's also interesting to see Mrs. Johnson's very different roles in Carolyn's life in each of those eps. In ep #542, she's very much the servant taking orders - but in ep #1064 she's more like Carolyn surrogate mother, probably having taken over that role after Liz' death and Carolyn's slip from reality. In fact, Carolyn seems to confuse Mrs. J. with having done things that Liz would certainly have done when Carolyn was a child but it seems rather unlikely that Mrs. J. would have, like brushing Carolyn's hair and holding her to comfort her. Given that Mrs. J. worked for Bill Malloy, who was a close family friend, Carolyn might have been aware of Mrs. J. during her childhood, but we certainly never got the slightest hint that they might have been that close at that time. The impression we're given is actually quite the contrary...

And finally, it's a joy to watch David Henesy as Petofi-possessed Jamison. Henesy does some of his best work during this period and it's most definitely on display in ep #803. I absolutely love how he puts on the frightened little boy act, telling Edward that he loves him so as to get close enough to kiss him (thus initiating the truth spell), and then turning on a dime he instantly switches that act off to become detached Petofi who's only interest is retrieving his prosthetic gloved-hand from Edward's grasp. it's both chilling and priceless!  [thumb]

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: The July 23rd Episodes (Spoilers!)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 08:12:28 AM »
Jamison as Petofi is probably my favorite part for David Henesy.  I'm always amazed at how he captures him.

Josette

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: The July 23rd Episodes (Spoilers!)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 02:43:40 PM »
Jamison as Petofi is probably my favorite part for David Henesy.  I'm always amazed at how he captures him.

I haven't seen these episodes but I always felt David Henesy was a good little child actor. Their casting was excellent sometimes.