Author Topic: A place to order the new DS Comics cheap?  (Read 920 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
A place to order the new DS Comics cheap?
« on: November 03, 2011, 11:54:03 AM »
Hey guys.  I hope no one thinks I am a cheap scape; however, as a couple of you know my situation with money is tight.  A lot like it is for most Americans only it's a bit worse for me since I am still fighting to get my disability.  So what little money I can scrap together I get to enjoy a couple things, like my comics.  I am not looking for sympathy.  If you know me as a friend you know what I have and still go through on a daily basis. So to I thought I would get that out of the way so no one think I am cheap. I just am a person who really needs the best deal.  They are already trying to sell comic one for 17 dollar on Ebay so no luck there.

So I am writing to ask if anyone knows of a good on line site to order the new 2011 comics from.  I have come across a few places but they are asking ridiculous amounts for postage. I order Charmed comics from a certain place and the prices are reasonable; however,  they are not carrying DS!  Can anyone help?/

(In my southern accent) THAAAANK  YOOOOW THAAAAANK YOOO Very MUCH! :)  And if you watch The CLOSER well then you know how I sound!  ;)

Tae
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: A place to order the new DS Comics cheap?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 04:06:59 PM »
Issue 1 is just being released this week.  Perhaps next week or the following week the mag will show up on discount sites? I don't know how these things work with comics.

Also, when searching, make sure you're not getting the Gold Key DS Digest thing, subtitled "The Interrupted Journey."  My local shop inadvertently ordered one of those when I first asked them to hold issue 1 of the Dynamite comic for me.  When I said I didn't want the Joe Certa horror, they just put it out on the shelf so luckily I did not have to pay for it.

Best,

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 05:10:25 PM »

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 10:52:39 PM »
I got the cheapest deal? Sweet!  [hall2_grin]

So far, I've been told my comic has been shipped, so I'll see how it goes for that store.

But actually I've seen some being sold on eBay that weren't too bad in price...considering what online shops want for it.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 05:23:57 AM »
Thanks guys! :)  I appreciate it! :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 05:29:50 AM »
Thanks MB. Sorry for the double post.  I had looked for DS on TFAW and couldn't get it to pull up.  It worked this time. I order Charmed comics from there.  Heads up--if you pre order you can get a discount.  I have all my Charmed pre ordered! :)

You guys RAWK!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 09:04:35 PM »
I just heard from a friend who tried to order issue #2 from Things From Another World that it's already out of stock there even though it doesn't come out until the 23rd. That's great as far as the success of the comic series goes.  [thumb]  Not so great for anyone who hasn't already ordered issue #2 and hasn't been able to find the comic in their area.  :(

One wonders if issues #3 and #4 will soon be out of stock as well. So, if you're someone who is ordering through them, it's probably best to place an order for those two issues ASAP if you haven't already.  :)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 12:50:42 AM »
It's true MB. I pre order Charmed and DS both because my local comic store guy told me that DS and Charmed didn't have high prints like DC or Marvel. So it's best to pre order from TFAW. Plus if you pre order you get about a dollar off of the comic! :)  I have all four of DS ordered and the next five of Charmed. Charmed is widely popular and sells out quickly. I have had to resort to variant copies several times before I pre ordered.