Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0611  (Read 643 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0611
« on: January 07, 2014, 04:45:28 PM »
Robservations #611

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0611

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 10:02:39 AM »
Nick could make Eve forget Peter any time he wants.   Eve acts shocked and obedient after the slap, but soon is defying him openly again.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 03:50:25 PM »
Nicholas has underestimated Adam, who accuses him (N.) of acting as if he (N.) owned Adam and Eve.

Eve boasts about killing Philippe Cordier out of love for Peter Bradford. But Peter/Jeff wants nothing to do with her, and she goes back home to sulk.

Nicholas visits Maggie and asks her to marry him. The painting Nicholas purchased from Maggie and took away is now back in the Evans Cottage. Only we viewers know the depth of his dismay and disappointment when she gently refuses him. Assuming there’s nothing more to be said, he makes to go, but Maggie says, You have a right to an explanation. I am grateful for the kindness you’ve shown me in recent months. But even though Joe and I are through, I’ll always be concerned for him. I don’t feel I can make any plans until he has recovered. Nicholas asks what she means and is astounded to hear that Barnabas found him in the woods, badly injured after his suicide attempt. Nicholas expresses his crocodile sympathy and asks if she saw him at the hospital. No, she tells him, at the Old House. She also tells Nicholas that Joe admitted there was “another girl,” but (to Nicholas’s relief) Joe didn’t say her name. Nicholas can always come up with the means, but now he has a motive; all he’s missing is an opportunity. He leaves as quickly as he can without seeming rude.

Nicholas returns home and tells Adam that their departure will be delayed, making Adam very angry. Just then Harry arrives, and Nicholas orders Adam out. Nicholas gives Harry a vial of poison and tells him to go to the Old House once it gets very late, find out which room Joe is in, and pour it into his medicine. Harry raises faint objections--he may be a bad hat but he’s no murderer. Nicholas simply asks, Do you need to be disciplined again? The mere mention of “discipline” is enough to send Harry packing, however reluctantly. Nicholas tells us, By tomorrow morning, Joe Haskell will be dead....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 05:53:13 PM »
"Bad hat", I haven't heard that one...!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 12:40:56 AM »
"Bad hat" is an oldie but goodie. I don't know where it comes from, though.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 04:30:07 AM »
Maggie is wearing her quilt today and Nick wants to marry her.  It seems out of the blue where has the romance been?
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 07:48:33 PM »
I always wondered why Nicholas didn't simply wipe away Eve's memory of Peter. He made Carolyn forget about her experience in the experiment, it really should have occurred to him to have done the same to Eve regarding Jeff, especially when he saw that even his threat to destroy her wasn't going to deter her from pursuing Jeff.

Nice to see Harry does have limits to what he'll do when it comes to criminal acts.

Seems that Nicholas wants Joe dead not only so he can be able to pursue Maggie without her having to worry about Joe but also he doesn't want to risk Joe blabbing to her or anyone else about the identity of the 'other woman'.