Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0473  (Read 989 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0473
« on: February 06, 2008, 05:52:21 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0473
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 12:26:29 PM »
Oh, my, what an episode!  Barnabas looked as if he were going to burst when he was first meeting Cassandra.

I'm sure I can't say anything about that scene in the study between Elizabeth and Roger that Gothick hasn't already said better, but I still have to say: that was no off-the-cuff performance.  Bennett and Edmonds had their lines down pat and smooth.  By any standards, let alone those of a soap opera put together on minimum rehearsal time, they were both outstanding.

I thought it was just a little bit discourteous that Cassandra, a newcomer to the house and to the family, got left all alone in the drawing room.  Granted, Vicky and Barnabas both had good reason not to want anything to do with her, but if I were Vicky, I'd tell Cassandra, “Come along with me to fetch Roger and Mrs. Stoddard.  It's a big house, so we might as well make a start at getting you familiar with it.”  At the very least, I would feel iffy about leaving Cassandra to her own devices.

Doesn't Cassandra have a sweet, wholesome smile under that prefab wig!

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 11:22:57 AM »
It was strange to see several pieces of Roger's luggage in the foyer. Angelique/Cassandra must have made that happen. [ideag]

I thought Lara Parker was attractive with that dark wig as Cassandra; but she was even more attractive as a blond, as Angelique. It's weird to see her with dark hair. [snow_silly]  I thought it was interesting that Angelique chose Cassandra as her first name because both names have 9 letters in them. [snow_wink]

Yes, indeed, the scene when Elizabeth and Roger were arguing was dead on! They were fabulous! [clap2] Angelique sure did put a huge spell on Roger! [witch]

It was fascinating to watch Cassandra/Angelique act like she didn't know Barnabas, and she kept the facade even when Barnabas called her on it. Barnabas has reason to worry now - he knows she will do something horrible to put the curse back onto him. [snow_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 04:53:04 PM »
That wig was made from material invented by the space program, to insulate seals around air locks in Gemini capsules.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 03:10:37 PM »
I really don't like that black wig....Angelique is definitely more beautiful with her blonde hair.

I wonder, though, if Angelique didn't WANT to be recognized by Barnabas. She really wanted to put the fear of God into him with her return....she certainly succeeded.

The scene between Elizabeth and Roger was great. I can understand Elizabeth's reaction though....marrying someone you only met one day and know absolutely nothing about....may sound exciting in theory but all too often it can lead to nothing but disaster.

IMO I think Angelique/Cassandra bewitched Roger into marrying her, just as she bewitched him into trying to kill Dr. Lang through the portrait.

Great episode. Loved the shocked reactions from Vicki and Barnabas when they see Cassandra for the first time.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 04:42:00 AM »
The scene between Roger and Elizabeth is so dynamic that it makes one sad to think the characters weren't used as much as they could - or should - have been.