Author Topic: One Heckuvan Electric Bill  (Read 736 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
One Heckuvan Electric Bill
« on: October 30, 2002, 05:48:49 AM »
In the opening monologue, they always say how the "great house of Collinwood" is deserted, yet we see the lights burning in the windows (didn't Elizabeth make sure that they were turned off as they left? - but that's neither here nor there).  So what're the ghosts of Quentin and Beth doing with all those lights burning?  I'm imagining them having a go-wild party, the way teenagers do when their parents are gone, guests including Josette, the widows, Gerard and Daphne and hosts of others, raiding the liquor cabinet (to Roger's dismay), grinding potato chips found in the pantry into the rugs (to Mrs. Johnson's dismay), ghostly forms on the Twister floormat while Beth calls out "left-foot-green" (to David's dismay) and discovering that there's something more to play than Quentin's Theme on the phonograph, spinning everything from Montovani to the Loving Spoonful.  Thank goodness they didn't have a hot-tub in the Great House Of Collinwood.  I'd dread to think what would go on in there.

Gerard

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
Re: One Heckuvan Electric Bill
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2002, 07:44:03 AM »

If there was a hot tub at Collinwood, I just know someone would drown in there, and be found naked, with a floating glass and bottle beside them.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: One Heckuvan Electric Bill
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2002, 11:38:46 AM »
Gerard Wrote:
So what're the ghosts of Quentin and Beth doing with all those lights burning?  I'm imagining them having a go-wild party, the way teenagers do when their parents are gone, guests including Josette, the widows, Gerard and Daphne and hosts of others, raiding the liquor cabinet (to Roger's dismay), grinding potato chips found in the pantry into the rugs (to Mrs. Johnson's dismay)

LOL!!  Gerard and while they're all partying away they probably have the ghost of Garth Blackwood there running around with his chains trying to load up all "the prisoners!"

In the meantime[kaiokn] Bathis Mapes[kaiokn] is running from room to room carrying a lighted torch just waiting to destroy everything becaue she is still angry that she died by fire.[kaiokn]  And right behind her is Bill Malloy's ghost still dripping wet with all that sea weed trying to extinquish all the fires that she's started!

Im sure now that house is empty that the ghosts are just having a grand ole time! ;-)
"Calamity Jane"