Author Topic: Dark Shadows Mentioned On Another Board  (Read 781 times)

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows Mentioned On Another Board
« on: October 28, 2002, 05:40:10 PM »
Wanted to let everyone know that Dark Shadows board is mentioned on the Jane Austen web-site.  The JA site is a very large site with tons of links. It seems like some people are trying to register at this DS site but it's apparently closed to new registrations.

Mostly positive views of the show were mentioned but some poor misguided folks talked about how 'cheesy' DS was.  

If someone has an idea when registrations will open up again, I'd be happy to mention it at the other site.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows Mentioned On Another Board
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 09:00:24 PM »
Mostly positive views of the show were mentioned but some poor misguided folks talked about how 'cheesy' DS was.

That's okay.  My sister thinks Shakespeare is boring (there are times I can't really see how we're related [crazd] ).  I guess individual taste will always remain an unsolved mystery.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows Mentioned On Another Board
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2002, 03:05:59 AM »

That's okay.  My sister thinks Shakespeare is boring (there are times I can't really see how we're related [crazd] ).  I guess individual taste will always remain an unsolved mystery.

Have her watch the Roman Polanski/Hugh Hefner version of "Macbeth". It is ANYTHING but boring!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton