Author Topic: How Time (Traveling) Flys  (Read 703 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
How Time (Traveling) Flys
« on: October 25, 2002, 09:40:48 PM »
Well, it's that time again...our Grayson has once again morphed into the delightfully wacky Magda!  In honor of this I thought I would post a link to the little diddy I wrote (ripped off?) almost 2.5 years ago.  

Mr. Peck, if you're out there, this was inspired by one of your hilarious [nuts] posts back when.  

To read and sing along, please click the URL below...

http://www.geocities.com/castlebeetoo/Identical_Strangers_Song.htm
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
Re: How Time (Traveling) Flys
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2002, 11:26:40 PM »
:D

Followed your link to the song - loved it!  

A few years back in college, some friends of mine also made up new words to the 'Patty Duke Show' theme involving Lizzie Borden and Charles Manson, touting the two as "Axe murderers, identical axe murderers."  So this brings back fond (if a bit warped) memories for me.

My question is this: Do you think that Magda was a previous incarnation of Julia's, or was there just a passing resemblance between our favorite 'geepsy' and Collinsport's sedative-dispensing doc?
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2002, 11:54:46 PM »
My question is this: Do you think that Magda was a previous incarnation of Julia's, or was there just a passing resemblance between our favorite 'geepsy' and Collinsport's sedative-dispensing doc?

I never thought of that but it's an interesting idea - probably would have made an interesting storyline in itself (or an equally interesting subject for fan fiction).  It works for me because I'm sure someone like Magda was counted on for all kinds of medical/psychologicial functions for which the the 20th century world would later turn to folks like the good take-this-sedative-Dr. Hoffman.  
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2002, 12:09:20 AM »
That's really true, Castlebee!  And when you think about Grayson's other characters, she always plays a character others turn to in times of crisis as a soothsayer, confidante, or just someone to lean on.  One might even look at Hoffman, Julia's evil PT counterpart in that light.  In karmic terms, there is a pattern here of one soul finding it's true path in different ways throughout different lifetimes.  

Rich material indeed for a storyline or for fanfiction!   :)
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2002, 05:08:07 AM »

********* SPOILER********

Being that Magda does something really nasty to the Q-man, hence B's trip to the past and comes to regret it and try very hard to FIX IT. . .that certainly has shades of Julia.  So in some way you could in fanfic suppose that Julia was Magda (albeit an uptight Magda) in another life. .drawn back to Collinwood to try and fix the bad things Magda did . .for good reason mind you, I don't quibble. .Q was a jerk!  But later a reformed Jerk.  He deserved her gypsy ire.
Julia99