Author Topic: Letter to Maggie Evans  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Letter to Maggie Evans
« on: October 17, 2002, 06:59:56 AM »
Yes, I know the characters aren't real, but I'm sorry, couldn't resist . . .

Maggie, sweetie,

Every so often, Life sends you a little or in your case, a lot of blatant messages that basically translate to: time to move on/get out of Dodge/is this really how you want to be spending the best years of your life?

Okay, so you didn't do the natural thing and leave town after your Pop died.  Not the end of the world.  Change is scary and all that.  We've all taken on our share of unnecessary dead-end jobs.  In your case, "dead-end" seems to be taking on a new meaning.  But since you've come to Collinwood, Life's been sending you billboard-sized messages in neon and flashing lights and you still haven't bothered to notice the obvious.

There is nothing wrong with quitting when your job becomes more than you can bear.  In fact, it's the smart thing to do.  You've proven that you are hopelessly inept as a babysitter/governess.  Say it with me, sweetie: I'm not cut out to be a governess.  Now, was that so bad?  You've come to the conclusion that the children are possessed.  I might be catty and say it took you long enough (and btw, what happened to your brains, did you forget how to use them?), but that's not the point anymore.  

Forget about getting free rent and the dubious cachet of living in the big house on the hill.  Forget about the uncertain future.  Pack your suitcase.  Run, don't walk to your car and drive THE HELL AWAY WHILE YOU STILL CAN.  Life's too short and too dangerous for a sweet young thing to spend it at Collinwood.

Sincerely,

Luciaphil
(who ignored a lot of Life's little messages for too long herself)
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Re: Letter to Maggie Evans
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2002, 07:39:51 AM »
nice going!...that letter was short,sweet, and right to the point!...Maggie should listen.:)

Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 01:19:27 PM »
Maggie should listen.:)

...but she won't because she's become the Village Idiot!

Thanks for trying anyway Luciaphil...[lghy]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Connie

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2002, 03:38:20 PM »
...but she won't because she's become the Village Idiot!

Glad someone brought this up.  It seems we've spent the last couple of weeks watching Maggie wander around the estate like a little lost doe in the woods, calling "David?  David?"
What an airhead.  Then yesterday she finally figured out that the kids were possessed and there was a ghost around.  (Good going Maggie!)
THEN, she says something like she's gonna protect them and fight the ghost or something.  LOL
Right!  The first time she's threatened by Quentin, she drops in a dead faint before he even gets the tie around her neck.   ROFL

-CLC  [thumb]

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2002, 04:02:59 PM »
 But since you've come to Collinwood, Life's been sending you billboard-sized messages in neon and flashing lights and you still haven't bothered to notice the obvious.

The batteries are dead...Where is the Energizer Bunny?;)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2002, 05:39:29 PM »
Great letter to Maggie![hello][hello][hello]
Has anyone ever written one to Vickie?  As sweet as she is(was), lets face it, she never knew when bad was bad.  But being sent into the past?[wow]  That Mon ami, would have been the last straw!!  I would've left a trail of smoke......... [jawdrp]
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2002, 07:29:27 PM »
Very funny letter i really hated the way the writers
made Maggie as dumb as a log as well as the constant victim! Enough is enough !she'd be totally insane by now after all she's been through

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2002, 08:18:18 PM »
After the Nicholas Blair altar incident, one would think that she would have high taled it out of there without packing her bags!

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2002, 10:12:27 PM »

You've proven that you are hopelessly inept as a babysitter/governess.  Say it with me, sweetie: I'm not cut out to be a governess.  Now, was that so bad?  You've come to the conclusion that the children are possessed.  I might be catty and say it took you long enough (and btw, what happened to your brains, did you forget how to use them?), but that's not the point anymore.  

LOL! Ah, Luciaphil - once again we are of the same mind. How frightening . . . for you. ;-)

Maggie hears David crying out in pain and/or terror from the hallway, rushes into his room, finds him lying unconscious on the floor, and just stands there looking at him dumb-struck. Great governing skills. Not to mention every time she turns around David and Amy have disappeared and she is obliged to search the house and the grounds for them on an almost hourly basis. Even the most lenient of disciplinarians would have locked these two kids up by now in their rooms.

These kids have way too much leisure time on their hands, filling it with games, dress-up and running away. I'm no expert on child care nor on education, but even I can see they need more work time and less play time.

"Sorry Amy, I can't play the game right now, I've got mountains of homework to do and if I don't finish it by bedtime I have to spend the entire day in my room for the next week." That should have been enough to nip Quentin right in the bud.

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2002, 12:22:03 AM »
Well, I agree that Naggie is in a dead end situation. I'm not sure how much better off she'd be somewhere else though, what career options do you think she'd have? She could be a stripper, or better yet, a go go dancer on Hullabaloo! At least she has people who care about her in Collinsland. In the big city she will be vulnerable to any old demon from hell in a grey suit without anyone to care!

I think David's problems go WAYYY beyond what homework will cure, but Vicky had at least earned his respect and he made a little more effort for her sake. I don't Naggie's bleating is making much headway, but it IS quite difficult to work with a possessed child. And I ought to know!

"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2002, 12:51:24 AM »
This was a hoot Luciaphil!
The only thing you left out was to tell her
to stop sucking air through her teeth.
That little habit of hers is getting on my
nerves. LOL

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2002, 01:51:47 AM »
She could be a stripper, or better yet, a go go dancer on Hullabaloo!

LOL!!! Or how about a Solid Gold dancer? Although I don't know that Naggie has had any training in dance.

Actually, she should be able to get a decent job. Certainly she can go back to waitressing, she's had that experience. If it's a nice enough restaurant she could make pretty decent tips. She might even be considered qualified for a management position at a restaurant, diner or bar, since she did open and close the coffee shop at the Collinsport Inn.

If she wants out of the food service industry, she could consider retail.  She could be a sales clerk in a department store, for instance.

There's also art. She could get a job at an arts and crafts shop, knowing about such things from her father.

She might even cut it as a model or try her hand at acting ;-)

Offline Lindsey

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2002, 01:55:02 AM »
Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually like Maggie better as a governess. I also liked her a lot better than Vicki. Maggie is my favorite character KLS plays, and I just love seeing her in that role. I have always felt that Maggie is "the girl next door" who seems the most normal.

-Lindsey
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2002, 02:05:03 AM »
Oh where, oh where, have Miss Evans' brains gone? I don't think the Maggie from the beginning of the series would've handled the current situation the same way Maggie is right now. Vicki at least knew how to handle David and after a while earned his respect. He seems to not have very high thoughts of Maggie's intelligence levels, often thinking he'll get away with things and ending up getting away with them.

Offline Maggie Evans

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas..you can nail me in your coffin anytime~!
    • View Profile
    • The Old House
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2002, 03:04:24 AM »
Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually like Maggie better as a governess. I also liked her a lot better than Vicki. Maggie is my favorite character KLS plays, and I just love seeing her in that role. I have always felt that Maggie is "the girl next door" who seems the most normal.

-Lindsey

Lindsey ^5..I'm with you on this one..I can't see HOW on earth anyone could think that about Maggie (or Naggie...as she's affectionetly known here) and NOT think the same exact thing about Vicky....or carolyn or..gee for that matter..Mrs.Stoddard..Julia too~ ;)
Happiness isnt having what you want..it's wanting what you have.