Poll

Which version of Barnabas do you find the more involving and look forward to watching the most?

Human (1968/69/1897/Leviathans)
5 (15.6%)
Vampire (1967/1897/Leviathans)
27 (84.4%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Good vs. Evil - Poll 2  (Read 2637 times)

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
Re:Good vs. Evil - Poll 2
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2003, 04:26:09 PM »
Give me b & w bad-ass I-want-Josette-and-I-don't-care-how-I-get-her sociopathic, histrionic, sarcastic (to Julia & Willie) old school Barnabas.  >:D

Or

1795 I'm-bitter-at-Angelique-for-spoiling-my-perfect-life-and-taking-it-out-on-the-world, woe-is-me Barnabas, 'cuz Jonathan Frid was born to wear those costumes...
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2003, 04:04:54 PM »
For me it's definitely vampire Barnabas all the way.  I do feel sorry for him each time the curse is reinstated, but he's just so much more interesting as a creature of the night.  He is especially good in the eps from when he first comes on the show until Vicki's trip to 1795.

As others have said, Barnabas in 1967 was ruthless, unpredictable, and believably evil, yet strangely enough he never seemed more human and understandable.  What was the line he spoke to Dr. Woodard?  "Loathsome I may be, and evil.  You can mock me for that.  But leave my pain alone!"

It totally gave the viewer insight into what made this villain tick, and made us sympathize with him for what he'd been through, even as we hated his actions.  That's great t.v.!
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Dawn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2003, 12:31:39 AM »
Most definitely the '67 vampire Barnabas.  He's so deliciously evil... >:D
To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die.

Offline Rydell

• "It's an old, family name."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2003, 01:34:30 AM »
Vampire Barnabas is more interesting for sure.  So full of lust and guilt.  Absolutely more interesting, more complex, and just plain hot.
Human Barnabas ?  Well, just plain.
"To be is to do." - Socrates
"To do is to be." - Sartre
"Do be do be do." - Sinatra