Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0007  (Read 2964 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0007
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 02:39:11 PM »
Cousin Lydia was kind enough to send me her spare DVD collection 1. Love it.

Lydis is lovely about letting loose with the largesse!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 10:04:48 AM »
I'm so glad you're enjoying it, Janet!

And I love the way so many people are commenting on these episodes.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 11:56:56 AM »
In small towns, apparently you could dial the Operator to get the time.
You reminded me of a favorite story of my mother's.  When my brother was a little under two years old, he accidentally locked himself in his room.  It was on the second floor, and since my mother was eight months pregnant with me, she didn't want to climb a ladder up to the window.  So she called the operator, and asked to have a fireman sent out.  The operator said, “The fire department is out on another call, but the Fuller Brush man is down the street from you at the Williamses.  I'll get him to come help you out.”    And he did come climb the ladder for my mother.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 07:44:21 AM »
Cute story, Lydia! Thanks for sharing it. [ghost_smiley]

Love the outside shots filmed in Essex!

I love those outside shots, too. Too bad those outdoor shots weren't seen throughout the whole series. I think the outdoor shots are the best part of the pre-Barnabas episodes. [ghost_wink]

Burke still seems to really like Sam. It's too bad that Sam has changed since Burke left. Those scenes between Burke and Sam were sad.  [ghost_sad]

It was cute when Maggie told Burke who she was, and how much she had changed in 10 years. I bet she was a pigtailed tomboy then.  [ghost_cheesy]

It is apparent now that Roger and Sam share some big secret having to do with Burke Devlin. Roger is taking the "bully" stance, and Sam just fell apart over all the guilt he felt. It's fun to see how this all plays out.  [ghost_grin]

I thought it was smart of Vicki to NOT be forthcoming with answering some of the questions Burke asked her about Roger. It's too bad she had to go all the way into town to make that phone call to Miss Hopewell. She apparently didn't feel she could have enough privacy to make the call at Collinwood. [ghost_nowink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 12:36:39 PM »
I also love the outdoor shots, especially those old cars!

Vicki was very wise to make her phone call from town. One never knows whether David could be listening in on an extension!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 06:43:36 PM »
Cute story, Lydia! Thanks for sharing it. [ghost_smiley]

Yes, thanks.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 11:00:39 PM »
Is Carolyn wanting to be in love?  Elizabeth is trying to control things to much? Or is she trying to protect the family reputation?

I can not really imagine her wanting to push her into a marriage. But isn't that what soap opera's where like back then.  People got married right out of school. It was before girls were pushed to go to college. But that would change later.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 04:24:40 AM »
The exterior shots give it the feel of an old black and white film.  The enigmantic and introspective Sam Evans.  "Ten years of torment and anguish." 
When Vickie and Burke talk about the hauntings of Collinwood he gets this knowing look on his face, as if, he knows something. It was exactly the same look Carolyn had in an earlier conversation possibly implying that things have happened that you would not believe.  It seemed bizarre that Burke would barge into Sam's house after ten years.  I wonder if it was another mix up in Mr. Ryan's very mixed up day.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times