Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0308  (Read 901 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0308
« on: May 30, 2007, 08:18:50 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0308
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 12:39:59 AM »
Julia better watch it.  She is to self assured about what is going to happen. She feels like she can control everything around her, even Barnabas!   This could be back then, you seemed to not question DR's back then. Julia is a far more interesting charactor right now, more dimentions.

I don't think that Sarah shows herself to Sam again, and never to Joe. She likes playing hide and seek, more than she likes playing with the ball.  By not showing up to Joe and Sam, maybe she feels like she is protecting Barnabas. Sarah wants to give the doll too Maggie and protection, maybe she should give it to Burke! :-X But then I don't think that she ever really liked him.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 03:25:22 AM »
The writers were listening to me yesterday, when I asked if the cops were still guarding the Evans cottage.  And so the answer came back: yes, they are.  They must be getting pretty disgusted, but maybe they're getting overtime out of it.  And now they're going to find out that a little girl got past them yet again.

I love Carolyn's and David's day trip to Bangor.  It's one of the few simple, uncomplicated things on Dark Shadows.  Carolyn had no ulterior motive in taking David to Bangor.  They didn't see anyone or anything mysterious there.  Nothing sinister happened.  It makes Carolyn and David seem like real people.  If there were a lot of this sort of thing, Dark Shadows would lose my interest.  But there isn't, so it's great when it happens.

I liked the set-up when we first saw Sam and Joe outside, near the Old House, with the picture of actual outdoor stuff in the background.  It looked sort of real to me.  Then they were on a set with no background picture, with the swinging swing, and of course the idea is that Sarah was using it, but I like to think that Willie was on it, making the swing go higher and higher - something else simple and uncomplicated.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 09:48:55 AM »
I also loved David and Carolyn's outing to Bangor.  They really are getting along well now.  David sure is growing up fast - soon he will catch up with Carolyn already! [winkg] He looked handsome in that suit. [luv]

Sarah sure does love to play hide and seek!  She toyed with Sam and Joe with the swing, then she gave Maggie the doll.  Sneaky girl!  [angel12]

Julia is already in "protect Barnabas" mode. [thumb] It sure didn't take long!  [cheesyg] She sure is cocky - thinking she can control everything.  I don't blame Sam for hating her at this point.  [angrg]

----- Sally -----
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

CT!_CTP/FITBs

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 05:37:33 PM »

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 05:49:10 PM »
i'm not actively participating in the "watching project" but i'm really enjoying reading these.

i too loved carolyn and david's day trip to bangor.didn't carolyn return complaining about all the junk food david ate along the way back?someone mentioned the picnic episode from 1970 in another topic recently.i like it when the characters do something really ordinary sometimes.it reminds one that even with the preposterous situations they get put into these are for the most part "real" people trying to live their lives.

this particulat set of episodes being discussed here are a favorite of mine.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 07:05:54 PM »
Yes, it was nice to see a couple of characters do something NORMAL for a change like take a trip into Bangor. I agree that David looked very handsome in that suit.

As for his appetite.....I loved it. David is a growing boy.....lots of growing boys I know have big appetites (heck I know my own nephew who's about the same age as David is practically a bottomless pit! LOL).

I can't blame Sam for getting a little hot there with Julia either....she really was giving him and Joe the run-around there.....so far Julia hasn't been doing a good job of not alienating the people she is pretending to help.