Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0263  (Read 799 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0263
« on: July 26, 2012, 03:09:09 AM »
Robservations - #263

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0263

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 02:41:07 PM »
Strange place to drape a tapestry. I would think something like that would scratch the piano's surface.

Carolyn worries that she'll be the next victim because, hey baby, it's all about her.

Very nice scene on the docks there. Joe must love coffee. That's a huge Thermos.

Poor Maggie, but as usual, Carolyn manages to turn the conversation back to herself.

Sam, Sam, Sam... That shirt and tie. You could take that shirt and go on a picnic. Looks like one of the Blue Whale's tablecloths.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 03:48:17 PM »
If the tapestry is just a shawl, it wouldn't do any harm. But if it's heavy or scratchy, that wouldn't be good.

Yes, that must be the largest Thermos in creation. The next size up would be an actual coffee urn.

Sam's shirt is very much what middle-aged guys wore when they weren't working. But it is kind of funny that he wears a tie with it. Vicki arrives and offers to help him dispose of Maggie's things. He turns her down, and after Vicki says how fond she was of Maggie, he almost spills the beans.

Poor, faithful Joe tells Carolyn that he loved Maggie and still does.

However briefly, Carolyn seems to be in apologetic mode. She apologies to Joe, then tells Vicki, Lately all I seem to do is pick fights. She tells Vicki how much she admires Joe. He’s facing the worst time of his life and taking it on the chin, she says. They’ve just finished making up when Carolyn spots a bouquet of violets on the piano. Jason has been getting them for her mother every day (remember, according to him, violets are her favorite flowers), and just the sight of them gets Carolyn angry all over again.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 06:45:09 PM »
At the end, when Sam and Joe were re-emphasizing that they must not tell anybody that Maggie is alive, I expected them to burst into a lively and heartfelt operatic duet on the subject.  It seemed like the only possible conclusion to the scene, and I wouldn't be surprised if Joel Crothers had a half-decent voice.  I don't think David Ford did, however, since his one little snippet of singing in 1776 was obviously dubbed.  So it was probably a good thing that they didn't try the duet.
I'm quoting myself not because I had the same thought again about a nice musical number to end the episode (although of course I did), but because I wish to retract my negative speculation about David Ford's singing voice.  We heard Ford singing at some point during the pre-Barnabas episodes, and I am now sure that he would not need to be dubbed.  And maybe he could do a nice little dance with Joel Crothers as well.

I liked the symmetry of today's episode.  Vicky and Carolyn talk in the drawing room, then Vicky visits Sam, and Carolyn visits Joe, and then Vicky and Carolyn talk in the drawing room again, and Sam and Joe talk.  All very neatly arranged, and designed to show the contrast between Vicky and Carolyn.  Vicky offers to pack up Maggie's things for Sam (and that's a huge offer), while Carolyn whines to Joe about her own life.

The problem with the cloth on the piano comes when you open the piano up all the way.  I know this from personal experience.  But at least it's easier to remove a cloth than it is to remove a lovely set of Christmas decorations (miniature Bavarian houses, to be specific), with colored lights and fake greenery added.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 09:00:08 PM »
Opening my piano would be even more of a problem because it has stacks and stacks of music on it.  [ghost_rolleyes]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 05:55:09 PM »
Carolyn says she dreams of the maniac and thinks she will be the next victim. The maniac comes up in with Sam and Joe.  Maniac is a fun word almost as fun as lunatic which I try to use as much as possible and ties in with my net comment that Dr. Hoffman has the first session with Maggie offscreen.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times