Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0262  (Read 970 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0262
« on: July 25, 2012, 01:48:57 AM »
Robservations - #262

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0262

WELCOME, ANTHONY GEORGE!
(or maybe not considering the "The Creepiness of Anthony George" topic.)

This ep marks the first appearance of Anthony George.

(But on the other hand:)

FAREWELL, MICHAEL HADGE/BUZZ!

This ep marks the final appearance of Michael Hadge as Buzz.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 03:33:30 PM »
Carolyn wears one of those oversize Beatle caps--just like the one I had! But mine was white, whereas hers is a more fashionable black.

Strange to say, I sure will miss Buzz. Even though Carolyn was only using him (and he knew it), he must have been a breath of (sort of) fresh air in the hermetic world of Collinwood.

Vicki finally agrees to be Elizabeth's witness at the wedding. I wonder who Jason would have asked, considering he really has no friends. He can't ask Willie--too much has gone amiss between them.

*sigh* Welcome (I think), Anthony George!

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 03:56:24 PM »
That footage of the waves crashing looks like Thunder Hole up in Mt Desert Island in Maine.

I'll miss Buzz too.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »
Mt. Desert Island sounds beautiful. I'd love to get there someday.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 05:37:06 PM »
I hope you do, DL. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 11:31:36 AM »
Vicki finally agrees to be Elizabeth's witness at the wedding. I wonder who Jason would have asked, considering he really has no friends. He can't ask Willie--too much has gone amiss between them.
No, Willie won't be Jason's witness, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Jason is already starting to cultivate a new male buddy.  He was friends with Paul Stoddard, and he was friends with Willie, so there seems to be a pattern there: Jason likes to have a male friend to hang around with.  If Buzz becomes bitter over the way Carolyn isn't the perfect motorcycle moll after all, maybe Jason could cultivate Buzz.  But Buzz is not available yet, so at the moment Jason is probably auditioning somebody else.

Anthony George looks like a young puppy, wagging his tail and begging for Vicky's approval.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 11:52:33 AM »
There's a bright side not having these to watch... the unedited earliest days of Barnabas would have been great, but there's a certain relief in not watching Jason squeeze Liz more and more, or Burke Two's strange sort of domination through weakness, or whatever the hell it is.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 03:41:22 PM »
Maybe Burke 2 is really passive aggressive, MT.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 03:33:27 AM »
Vickie learns Maggie is dead. AM buries her face so we don't have to see real or manufactured grief.  Carolyn and Vickie quarrel over the coming nuptuals. Later horrid Burke and Vickie walk on the beach and she exclaims she would like it quiet, peaceful and dark always.. Sounds like death to me and preferable to horrid Burke.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 11:33:19 AM »
...she exclaims she would like it quiet, peaceful and dark always.. Sounds like death to me and preferable to horrid Burke.

You've got no idea how much of a relief that weould be for me.   (Light sensitivity)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor