Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0260  (Read 910 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0260
« on: July 22, 2012, 12:04:01 AM »
Robservations - #260

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0260

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 06:38:49 PM »
Poor Willie, stuck with a hideous carpentry task. He tries to offer Maggie a way out, but she refuses.

Sarah's scene with Maggie is wonderful, and her scene with Sam is even better.

The last act is still heart-stopping even after several viewings! Wonderful cross-cutting between Maggie desperately working out Sarah's riddle and escaping and Barnabas's awakening and pursuit. (But why doesn't she close the panel after her--especially given that Sarah told her that Barn doesn't know about it?)

In the last scene, JF once again uses his wonderful voice to terrifying effect!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 07:44:35 PM »
My notes for this ep indicate that Barnbas sleeps the afternoon away in his coffin. Possibly to air out his unhallowed bed, he’s decided to keep the lid open and sleep in his caped overcoat.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 10:28:05 PM »
And fortunately for Maggie, Barnabas didn't simply materialize in her cell to strangle her. Instead, he chose to walk down the corridor, which increases in length just enough for her to escape.  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 07:59:06 AM »
The other day Maggie told Sarah to go home to her parents, and she went to look for them.  Today Maggie tells Sarah to go to Sam Evans, and she goes to Sam Evans.  I always think of Sarah as a free agent bouncing around Collinwood and Collinsport, but apparently Maggie has power over her.  Will I never arrive at a Unified Theory of Sarah?

I enjoyed the conversation between Sam and Sarah, when Sarah was asking innocent little girl questions about Sam's daughter and Sam was patient instead of getting mad and telling her not to ask questions.

What became of the portrait that was done of Sarah in her lifetime?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 08:36:07 PM »
Was a portrait of Sarah made in her lifetime? Do we get to see it?? I'm drawing a total blank here.

I think Sarah's just used to doing what adults tell her to do. It doesn't seem to matter that she's a ghost.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 06:22:28 AM »
DarkLady, Sarah said something to Sam about her portrait having been painted once.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 03:02:54 PM »
She tells Sam that a man painted her portrait a long time ago. I don't believe we ever dee it, though.
Here's a drawing I did some time ago of Willie and Sarah.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 03:21:11 PM »
Janet, I never know your limits! What a wonderful drawing--thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 03:18:47 AM »
Barnabas is now framed and hung over the mantel. A good way to keep his presence felt while he is away.
Willie can 't bring himself to poison Maggie and it turns out to be a good thing because in this action packed episode Maggie escapes with the help of Sarah and Wagner through. Mazeof tunnels with Barnabas in pursuit.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times