Author Topic: Original DS on Chiller??  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Original DS on Chiller??
« on: April 18, 2010, 12:03:16 AM »
Tomorrow on my DIRECTV.com it is showing that Dark Shadows the original is gonna start showing @ 9 am on Sunday!  It says that it is starting with Barnabas meeting Maggie.  The stars listed are Alexandra Moltke and Louis Edmonds. It's gonna be a mini marathon.  Could this be hope for the future. It also seems they are showing it in sequence! :)

I looked for this and couldn't find a post on it!

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Original DS on Chiller??
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 12:30:42 AM »
The way it's listed on Chiller's Web site seems to indicate it's another showing of the '91 series (Eps #12 at 9am, #2-#4 at 10, 11am and 12pm, #8 at 1pm, and #10-#12 at 2,3 and 4pm, which has to be their weirdest run yet! [ghost_shocked]).

There's also a listing for more eps of the '91 series on May 21st. And at least those are consecutive (Eps #1-#7 beginning at 9am).

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 01:59:20 AM »
That is really weird. My Direct TV Guide list  it as the old series and gives synopsis for the old show.   Barnabas meeting Maggie @ the diner! We will see when it airs! IT has all different synopsis as well. Seems odd they would have synopsis for the old show and also that it would say Starring Alexandra Molke, Louis Edmond's and David Henesy and list it as from 1967! Who knows though with Chiller!

The guide is on the actual TV, with Satellite's one call look ahead about two days and see what is airing-- I said Direct TV.com!  That was a mistake! I am sorry guys.  I haven't been @ my best the last few days.  I guess one would say I should not be posting but it helps me to no end to come here and escape into the WORLD OF DS!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 02:15:53 AM »
It's gets weirder because I just checked the Direct TV listings on tvguide.com and the synopses are for the same '91 series' eps as Chiller's own Web site, and with the '91 actors listed. How very odd that DTV's on-screen listings would differ so much.

Given that Chiller has the '91 series and to our knowledge does not have the original, and that their own Web site lists the '91 series as being on tomorow, I would doubt it will turn out to be the original. But stranger things have happened...

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 02:59:07 AM »
Yeah I really have no hopes. Here is a pic! :) Like I said CHILLER IS WEIRD! So I have no faith in them.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 08:42:06 PM »
Did anyone check to see what was actually aired? 

It would be really great for the original series to have a home again on broadcast TV even though the networks seem to be well along to going the way of the dinosaurs...

G.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 03:14:02 AM »
Chiller aired 91 DS on Sunday not the original.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 03:40:53 AM »
Whoever did the on-screen listings for DTV was apparently playing a very bad joke.  [ghost_rolleyes]

Or maybe the synopses were provided to them by the same "'expert" the Sci-Fi Channel supposedly relied on for the correct order of the DS eps...

David

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 04:37:07 AM »
Chiller has 7 hour marathons of various series every morning. The 91 DS has had monthly airings for awhile. I'm glad it's on, but the original should be on to.
I suggest we contact Chiller and request monthly marathons of the original series. At 7 hours, the channel could air 14 eps a month.

David

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 05:05:37 AM »
Surely Syfy Channel (as its now called - how stupid!!!) or Chiller will step up to the plate and show the original once the new movie draws nearer... I remember for a very short time the old Sci-Fi Channel were showing the early early B&W episodes of the original series late at night, long after the runs they had of the completed original series. That would be perfect! Even last summer they showed a marathon of old Land Of The Lost show the weekend the new movie opened. We can only hope. I'm sure there'll be enough buzz created by the new DS movie to at least get a weekend of the early Barnabas coming out of the coffin episodes!! Come on!!!
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 09:30:39 PM »
Sadly,, the Sci-Fi Channel didn't even give their nighttime run of the original DS a chance.  [ghost_sad]  They pulled the plug after running just 16 eps, Eps #189-#204, which didn't even reach the introduction of Barnabas.  [ghost_undecided]  Those eps simply covered the wrap ups of the Laura and the hit-and-run storylines (and anyone never having seen DS wouldn't have had any idea what they were all about) and the early introductions of Jason and Willie. But then that was also during the period in 2000 that Sci-Fi had just moved the morning showings of DS from 11am to 9am and cut its eps back to 5 instead of 10, so they weren't exactly high on the series at that point.  [ghost_rolleyes]  (It was also during the period that Sci-Fi managed to show those Leviathans eps out of sequence for the third time.  [ghost_angry])

As for the original series reappearing once the Depp/DS is released, it would be nice to think that might happen. But no matter how willing some channels might be to run it, Worldvision also has to be willing not to charge an astronomical price for the rights to run it. And in the past they've seemed to be extremely reluctant to do that, which is a chief reason why the original series is no longer being shown anywhere...

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 12:18:56 AM »
Does anyone know how much SCI FI paid for it?  I refuse to call it that new name!!

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 06:03:55 AM »
[ghost_rolleyes]  (It was also during the period that Sci-Fi managed to show those Leviathans eps out of sequence for the third time.  [ghost_angry])

How bad was that bungled?? (How out of order were they??) I probably watched it the incorrect way my first go-round but didn't remember it. Now that I have the DVD's (presumably in the correct running order) I couldn't remember any differences to my oblivious mind...
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 06:33:16 AM »
I refuse to call it that new name!!

Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy Syfy!!  YUCK.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 07:25:28 AM »
The out-of-order eps were recently described here:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0963
but it doesn't list the order, which was 960, 963, 964, 961, 962, 965.