Author Topic: Question about DVD set 4  (Read 999 times)

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Question about DVD set 4
« on: March 15, 2003, 07:07:57 AM »
I have watched the first disc of the DS DVD set 4 and have noticed an odd occurence in every episode on that disc.  Randomly, the sound will cut off for a split second and return, like there is a gap in the audio track of only second or two.  I have hit rewind to make sure it is really there and it is.  I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this with this disk?  I have not gotten to the others yet to see if it is in the whole set.  I have not had this happen with any of the other sets so I'm wondering about it.

Richard Holt

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re:Question about DVD set 4
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2003, 06:27:05 PM »
I'm not surprised that there are 'surprises' on the DVDs.  I haven't played my set yet but will certainly be on the look out for this.

I think it's either set one or two that has odd stuff going on like they had filmed off of a tape that was pulled through the viewer a little too fast or left off scenes that are on the VHS tapes. I'm basically disappointed in the DVD's but have to commend MPI for it's opening graphics design.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
Re:Question about DVD set 4
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 05:48:01 PM »
I've only seen the first seven episodes on Disc 1 (DVD/VCR player broke and now I can't watch TV *Dies*) but so far I haven't noticed anything wrong with audio or video that wasn't there when it was shown in reruns.

OT: I liked how they inserted the commercial with Vicki and Barnabas promoting the 1795 storyline. The only thing that confuses me is that it is on after #336 and it refers to 'this Friday' - wouldn't it have been better placed somewhere in the first half of the 360s?

I think it's either set one or two that has odd stuff going on like they had filmed off of a tape that was pulled through the viewer a little too fast or left off scenes that are on the VHS tapes. I'm basically disappointed in the DVD's but have to commend MPI for it's opening graphics design.

Hmm, I haven't noticed any of the odd things you mentioned on any of the first three DVDs. What scenes have been cut out? Just wondering.