Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0365  (Read 2113 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0365
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 03:48:46 PM »
Even a ghost might be scared of a vampire, maybe.    She went off a cliff to avoid him before, so I sense a certain reluctance to talk.   And what would they say to each other?   

Real reason, of course-- they couldn't have him trying to convince reality and himself that Maggie was Josette if Josette's still hanging around.    He'd address Maggie as "Josette", then the ghost pops in, abd Barnabas has to say, "Not you!"   They wanted to do the Sara storyline, too.     Josette's ghost was just a monkeywrench thrown into all that.    Maybe I'm stating the obvious-- sorry.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0365
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 06:20:34 PM »
roland,

the "presence" of josette was established pretty early on.we,the viewer,had several "confirmed" sightings of her.

who actually believed she existed is up for debate.david of course believed in her but i think it is only vicki who actually sees her for herself and whom has several communications with her.

she watches over vicki when she's being held captive by matthew morgan and then becomes a pretty major player during the laura collins story when her presence guides vicki with a series of clues that leads to the conclusion of this mystery.here she is more of a guiding influence more than a ghostly apparition although her fragrance,jasmine,becomes observable to several people.during a sceance in this period she makes her first spoken communication(in french no less!)through vicki that is witnesses by several people although it is unclear who actually belives in it...if i recall roger is highly doubtful of course.

most of the time everyone thinks vicki is being overexcitable or imagining things but the viewer knows she is not.

then,of course,during the barnabas episodes her presence becomes observed by everyone at barnabas' ill-fated costume party...but then for whatever reason sarah collins takes over as the ghostly presence du'jour.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.