Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0415  (Read 1450 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0415
« on: October 26, 2007, 06:41:56 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0415
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 09:49:33 AM »
It was a sad episode.  Sharon Smyth did a very nice job - as did everybody else.

Millicent was at her best today.  For once she wasn't a total airhead.  Perhaps if she had found the right man - or if the right man had found her - she could have developed into a halfway competent person.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 03:04:21 AM »
Yes, indeed, this was a very sad episode. [hall_cry] Sharon Smythe did her best performance today. [clap2]

Poor Barnabas was waiting impatiently for Ben to tell him about Sarah. [sadg] The curse prevented him from taking Sarah home, so she stayed outside longer.

I just had a thought: David was stuck in the secret room for several days, and he didn't get sick. Sarah was only outside for a short time. I guess the curse caused her to get sick.  [sick2]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hall2_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 06:07:41 AM »
I just had a thought: David was stuck in the secret room for several days, and he didn't get sick. Sarah was only outside for a short time. I guess the curse caused her to get sick.  [sick2]

Well, when David was trapped in the secret room 1) at least he was indoors, 2) he was fully dressed, and 3) it was September. Sarah was outside at night in nightclothes in January.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 06:22:45 AM »
Sarah was outside at night in nightclothes in January.
Good point, MB. That would make a difference because it's colder in January, and a girl wearing nightclothes isn't as warm as a boy who is fully dressed. Thanks for pointing that out to me. [thumb]

But... I still think that Angelique's curse had something to do with it, too.  [128] [BOO]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hall2_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 06:31:07 AM »
But... I still think that Angelique's curse had something to do with it, too.  [128] [BOO]

Yeah, it's pretty much a certainty that the curse caused Sarah to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  [hall2_wink]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 10:32:21 PM »
A very sad episode indeed!  [hall_cry]

I wonder if Angelique knew just how much her curse would encompass? It's so heartless for her to harm an innocent child, much less to make one die.

At the end of the episode when Sarah dies, the London Bridge song is playing sadly, and I think it fits so well. I believe it's the last time we hear it.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 02:59:35 PM »
I wonder if Angelique knew just how much her curse would encompass? It's so heartless for her to harm an innocent child, much less to make one die.
Since Angelique thought she was dying when she cursed Barnabas, I daresay she would have been perfectly happy to see the whole world go up in flames.  One innocent child more or less wasn't going to bother her.  When she knew she would live, things might have been different.  It would be difficult to coerce Barnabas if there weren't any of his loved ones alive and available for her to hurt.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 06:39:45 PM »

Well, when David was trapped in the secret room 1) at least he was indoors, 2) he was fully dressed, and 3) it was September. Sarah was outside at night in nightclothes in January.

That was January?  In Maine?  No snow on the ground and all the leaves on the trees?    With Dark Shadows, I always picture everything happening from May to September, then everybody hibernating in the big house through winter, only to continue on with their drama upon awakening once again in the spring.   [snow_wink]