Author Topic: vicki and peter in 1991  (Read 3305 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: vicki and peter in 1991
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 01:56:35 PM »
Evil as OS Barnabas was in the beginning, [spoiler]The only person who died (pre-1795) was Dr. Woodard.[/spoiler]But this has nothing to do with Vicki and Peter in 1991! 
I agree it has nothing to do with Vicky and Peter in 1991, but let us not forget[spoiler]Jason McGuire![/spoiler]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 02:15:03 AM »
Yeah Nelson he may have only killed [spoiler]WOODARD, but look at how he tortured Maggie. [/spoiler]  Mental abuse can be worse than death in some cases.  I don't have much sympathy for OS Barney [spoiler]pre 1795! [/spoiler]  JMO.  Sorry to get off topic!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 03:20:24 AM »
I agree with Taeylor.  The OS Barnabas may have murdered fewer people, but I wouldn't say he was less violent.  There were reports in the local paper of [spoiler]at least two other young women that he attacked in addition to Maggie, and at one point he intended to kill David until Sarah stopped him.[/spoiler]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 05:05:01 AM »
[spoiler]he intended to kill David until Sarah stopped him.[/spoiler]

And of course Julia too.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 05:40:17 PM »
mysterious' outline for season two does sound quite intriguing...

i've never been a big quentin fan but would loved to have seen the laura character on the front burner.

the breadth of this story needs breathing room.that's why i found season one to be so rushed.in the original series the 1795 plot was a rich tapestry woven with colorful supporting characters and interesting subplots.i simply don't think it could have been told effectively in just six episodes.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 08:57:09 AM »
I am happy I got the experience even though I would have preferred ten episodes in 1790 and a full twenty season and a series that had lasted five or so years.  I didn't want much NBC you assface! [hall2_cry]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 12:59:59 AM »
I had heard that Vicki was supposed to have repressed memories of her trip to the past.

RachelDrummand

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 09:13:19 AM »
Taken from the Dark Shadows Resurrected book:

Post Script

After her return from 1790, Victoria was unable to clearly recall her experiences from the eighteenth century. She did, however, retain fragmented which alternately fascinated, puzzled, and haunted her. She resumed her romantic relationship with Barnabas, who remained fearful that Victoria's knowledge of the horrors from 1790 would someday resurface and jeopardize their future together. (based on projections for a second season)

It kind of bugs me that they were going to go the same route of her just forgetting her experiences. I really loved the fact she found out he was a vampire and I think that would have made it more interesting if she knew.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 10:27:45 AM »
Let me get this straight: Sarah said (if I remember correctly) that terrible things would happen unless somebody from the 20th century learned of the dreadful doings of the 18th century, and she therefore sent Vicky back to 1790.  By installing Vicky in 1790, Sarah caused Angelique to learn that Barnabas was on the loose in the 20th century, whereupon Angelique set out to wreak havoc in 20th century as well as the 18th.  Then Vicky returned to the 20th century unable to remember clearly the crucial information that she was sent to the 18th century to learn.  So Sarah's attempt to make everything all right just made everything all wrong.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 01:02:05 PM »
Sounds pretty much, Lydia, like how American major corporations run their business.

Gerard

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 01:38:58 PM »
I've alwys been bugged by the fact that Vicki's trip to the past didn't change anything.  But her trip into the past in the original series did bring some positive changes. Vicki going to the past somehow brought Peter to the present. If Vicki hadn't seen Jeff on the side of the road she wouldn't have wrecked the car and Barnabas would have made her a vampire, and wouldn't have had his remission from vampirism. That was a big part of Barnabas changing from his evil ways.
It does occur to me that Barnabas was kinder and gentler immediately after Vicki returned though. Perhaps Vicki's prescence in the past inspired Barnabas to be a better person?

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 02:42:38 PM »
Not really, [spoiler]he was going to make Vicky a vampire after all and he was still the same to Julia and threatened to kill her if he was found out.

He also still had Carolyn under his control and wouldn't release her when she asked him to.[/spoiler]

Though, David is absent and  that part of the storyline is forgotten.  I guess there wasn't any real way to conclude that plot in the new direction of the show.

It does occur to me that Barnabas was kinder and gentler immediately after Vicki returned though. Perhaps Vicki's prescence in the past inspired Barnabas to be a better person?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 01:02:08 AM »
Victoria '91 did change history [spoiler]remember she saved Daniel's life by telling Peter to use Ice and Alcohol and not warm blankets~ remember Angie was trying to wipe the whole line out so Victoria would be separated from Barney forever.  [/spoiler] Also DS RESSURECTED is a POM PRESS book, I would put much faith in it.  The quotes MB and I have talked about came from Matt Hall from SHADOWS IN THE NINETIES!  The POM press thing sounds like a Half ass explanation to try an appease fans.  JMO

RachelDrummand

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 07:35:40 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up, Taeylor!

I couldn't agree more...NBC DOES suck!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2008, 07:20:23 AM »
I don't see how Vicky could have changed 1790 in the way Taeylor says she did.  Or anyway, if she did, it was a change that was possible only because Vicky had changed things by going back to 1790.
[spoiler]If Daniel died in the original timeline, then where did the 1991 Collinses come from, and shouldn't they now be pushed out of Collinwood by Daniel's descendants?  And if he didn't die in the original timeline, then all Vicky did was to restore the status quo that had been disturbed when Angelique learned through Vicky's presence of the 20th century Collinses.[/spoiler]

I know (or anyway, I vaguely remember) that Vicky thought that she had been sent to 1790 in order to make this change - but I think she was wrong.