Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0624  (Read 1272 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0624
« on: September 04, 2008, 04:48:17 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0624
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 06:03:06 PM »
I understand why the Collins Family History looks old: that's how they figure the viewers imagine that it will look.  But sometime in 1795 it was noted that the book was published in 1965, and therefore it is only two years old and it should look newer.

Now that Adam's gotten his heart's desire, is he going to stop and wonder if it really is his heart's desire?  Once again he's like Barnabas.  So long as it's a Sweet Young Thing, it will grab Barnabas's fancy.  And so long it's an Mate Made For Adam, it will grab Adam's fancy.  Or so it seems.

I liked Vicky's dress.  I couldn't get a good feel for the cut, but lace and white satin, hackneyed though they may be, are fine with me.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »
the book was published in 1965, and therefore it is only two years old and it should look newer.

Not if Vicki poured over it as often as we're led to believe. The book is even lucky to still be in one piece!  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 10:15:57 PM »
You know, I've said for years that Adam is amazingly similar to Barnabas when it comes to essentials.  They're both stubborn beyond words, passionately loyal and greedy and self sacrificing when it comes to women, prone to overreact, have fierce tempers, etc.

[spoiler]One starts thinking that maybe it would have been best if Angelique had provided the life force![/spoiler]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 09:46:10 AM »
[spoiler]One starts thinking that maybe it would have been best if Angelique had provided the life force![/spoiler]
I agree, Zahir! [thumb]

I also liked Vicki's wedding dress, but I think it was too big for her. I suspect that was because Alexandra was pregnant in real life, and they wanted to hide that from the audience. [winkg]

I must say that I just love Elizabeth's green dress! [luv] Green is my favorite color. I recall having a similar dress during that time; maybe I was influenced by Elizabeth's colorful dress. [ghost_wink]

I noticed a blooper during the closing credits. [signerror] I think the camera must have been screwed up. As I watched, I was thinking that it looked really weird, and it took a while for me to figure it out. The picture seemed to be cut in half. The right side of the screen should have been on the left side, and it was flipped around. Vicki's bed didn't look right in the picture. [ghost_wacko]

I enjoyed watching Eve tricking Adam and Nicholas into thinking she was cooperating with them.  [ghost_rolleyes] Eve did a good job of convincing Adam that she was in love with him; but, of course, Adam was easy to fool because he was ignorant about women. Adam was so happy afterwards! It was sweet. [spoiler]Too bad it was short-lived.[/spoiler]

It was neat to watch Nicholas turn around and find Eve sitting in that chair. It reminded me of the time when Adam turned around in his room and found Nicholas standing there. It was ironic and rather funny that Nicholas got to be surprised like Adam was. [ghost_cheesy]

So, Eve thought that her giving Vicki the Collins family history book and making it look like Peter gave it to her would prevent Vicki and Peter from getting married. What a sly devil she was!

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 07:24:44 PM »
At long last, I see evidence that Danielle Roget is living up to her reputation as the world's 'most evil woman.' Sending the Collins Family History Book to Vicki along with a card with Peter's name on it was truly nasty on Eve's part. Not to mention the sweet, loving, madly-in-love woman act she put on for Adam.

I feel bad for Adam. He's so deliriously happy, thinking Eve has finally learned to love him, but he has no idea it's all an act and that she secretly detests him.

I can't believe Nicholas fell for Eve's sudden desire to follow his orders. Angelique put on that act for him too, and he fell for that too until he found out otherwise. Maggie clearly has distracted him. Love has truly brought out the 'worse' in Hell's right-hand man, I must say.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »
I understand why the Collins Family History looks old:
Even if it's only two years old, I imagine by the time we first see it, it's actually been time tripping through how many decades before it finally comes to rest where Vicki will find and read it?   [ghost_tongue2]
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 04:10:04 AM »
Don't you know that Vickie kept the book under her bed. She would read it at night and daydream what it would have been like to be a Collins.

Would have Peter written his name in block print? If he was really Peter, it would have been done more with a flourish.

Adam should have gone with his first instinct and be distrustful of Eve. But then he does think like Barnabas, and not think things through when it come to women.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 04:00:08 AM »
Nicholas needs his groove back. How does Angelique and Eve fool him?  [devil2]
Adam needs to dump Eve and try for Carolyn.
I would have really liked the idea of Adam losing his scars, getting more mature and going after Carolyn.  [8_1_209]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 05:12:36 AM »
AM looks gorgeous in that wedding dress.  I remember these pseudo-wedding episodes from when I was a kid back in '68 and how disappointed I was when it fell through. 

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 05:04:51 AM »
yes i was very glad that we got to see vicki in her wedding gown,and her wonderfully warm scenes with elizabeth,before alexandra left the series.these episodes just wouldn't have been the same with one of the other actresses in the role.

she did look breathtaking. [hall2_kiss]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.