Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0646  (Read 1728 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0646
« on: October 06, 2008, 09:52:36 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0646
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 04:26:10 AM »
Very good show. I have one question? Read it is you must?
[spoiler]Was that how Trask was dressed when he died?[/spoiler]

The kids were very clever, using psychology on Roger and Liz.

Why do people believe children?
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 05:09:23 AM »
This has to have been one of the best episodes in the whole series.  David's expression was chilling as he looked at his father lying unconscious at the bottom of the stairs.  But then, it wasn't David who was looking.

I'm wondering if Louis Edmonds did one of his wonderful recoveries today.  Roger had just finished helping David take the toybox down the stairs, and David had said that he and Amy were taking it outside to play.  Roger said something like, "You've never taken your toybox outside to play in all your born days!"  To me, it sounded as though he had slipped up a bit and "in all your born days" was a substitution - more like southern Louis Edmonds than Maine mainstay Roger Collins.

I enjoyed the conversations between Elizabeth and Roger - nice, normal conversations. Vicky is a rich man's problem at the moment.  What do you do when a cherished family retainer is no longer capable of doing his work?  You can't fire the retainer; that just wouldn't be noblesse oblige. In the easiest case, the retainer is old enough so that you can give him a pension along with maybe living quarters somewhere or other.  Sometimes, even though the retainer is old, he refuses to retire, and things get difficult.  And then we've got Vicky, who is not old enough to be gently retired from service, and who would be desperately hurt if somebody were hired to take over her duties while she grieves over her dear departed husband.  Will she ever grit her teeth, stiffen her spine, and take up her life again?

As for lori54's spoilery question...[spoiler]I looked at that maroon vest on the skeleton and thought to myself, "Trask would never wear that."  Trask might want to wear it, but he was too cautious.  So this skeleton does seem to have been Quentin, which is a pity, because I like the idea of Quentin's angry spirit being cooped up with Trask's decomposing body for 70 years.  I figure that after Barnabas messed around with 1897 and Quentin's body didn't get walled up in his room, Destiny exerted its will, and said "I want a body there.  I don't care whose.  Are there any volunteers, or shall I just choose somebody at random?"[/spoiler]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 05:53:02 AM »
JB with our Voice Over again.  Nothing wrong with her though.  I love her presence and hate that it was reduce to the sideline in latter years!!  So I am thankful to have her there when she is.  Kind of like I am with today's vets on General Hospital!  She is not my favorite VO gal but I like Joan for what she brings to the table.  Talent, Beauty and 'Elan Vital! ;)

Quentin's introduction was lovely.  Very dark, very sinister!  PLUS Daivd Selby~~ GOREGOUS  and fabulous actor who got his start in the parts I am from near WV and Kentucky!  :)  I love [spoiler]his southern accent when ire go back in time!! [/spoiler] Here comes Beth who I did not notice the first time I viewed this episode.  Denise sounded like Grayson today when she said "HOWSE??" LOL  Finally, Victoria is mentioned buying time I suppose [spoiler]to recast her![/spoiler] Her absence though helped facilitate the children's posseion! 

DAYUM!!  These Children are lying little dogs.  Lord, I know they are posses ed but it is treacherous to see children do such trifling things!!  The production values were great on this ep!  :) 

And DENISE NICKERSON scares me!  [faint2]

[Bat] [2Bats]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 10:30:41 AM »
Hooray! Quentin has finally arrived! [cheer] This was the first time Quentin and Beth appeared on DS. [milestone]  Quentin sure looked scary and evil! I don't think his eyes looked blue, either. Beth was pretty scary, too. [hall_shocked] They were using telepathy to communicate to David and Amy their "instructions".

Another milestone: This was the first time David and Amy dressed up in old clothes. [milestone] They looked like "little adults" in those clothes. They were very spooky in this episode!  [hall2_shocked] Scary stuff. Pretty ingenious of them (or was it Quentin and Beth?) to think about lying about the toy chest while they were taking it downstairs with the bones inside, and the "set up" of Roger. David had changed since 1966, when he tried to kill Roger. Now, it was Quentin who was "making" him do it.

This was an excellent episode! [clap2]  Although I like Quentin much better when he was "aliive", he still looked pretty handsome! [luv] Quentin's ghost sure was a lot different from Quentin when he was alive.

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:59:00 AM »
[spoiler]I looked at that maroon vest on the skeleton and thought to myself, "Trask would never wear that."  So this skeleton does seem to have been Quentin...  I figure that after Barnabas messed around with 1897 and Quentin's body didn't get walled up in his room, Destiny exerted its will, and said "I want a body there.  I don't care whose.  Are there any volunteers, or shall I just choose somebody at random?"
[/spoiler]
LOL, Lydia. [hall_grin] That's a good point. I never thought about it that way. It makes sense that [spoiler]when Barnabas was there, he would have changed 1897 so that the skeleton in Quentin's room would change and be Trask instead of Quentin after Barnabas came back to the present time. [hall_wink][/spoiler]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 03:24:49 PM »
[spoiler]At this point I doubt the writers even thought of Trask being tied into the Quentin storyline.

Ignoring the writer's mistake of people remembering the ghost of Quentin during Leviathan (IMHO, it was the Leviathan's MAKING them remember so they could not trust Quentin as he wasn't under their influence)...in the altered 1968, did David & Amy even get to that anteroom?  There wouldnt have been any ghost to talk to her via the telephone. Though by the summer of 1970, Quentin is living there so obviously the skeleton had been discovered when Barnabas & Julia were in Parallel Time.  I could imagine the look on Quentin's face when he saw the skeleton and finally confirmed what he suspected his sister Judith had done!  This was a scene they really should have shown![/spoiler]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 09:41:12 PM »
Yes, Quentin has arrived! [hall_smiley] Now things are really going to get good. He sure did look creepy and menacing.

I say we're moving from the Vicki era of the show into the Quentin era now.  [hall_wink]

David tries to kill his father again, but at least this time he only did it because he was ordered to do it, unlike back in 1966 when he tampered with the breaks in Roger's car....back then that was all David.

David and Amy sure gave me the shivers as they stared down at an unconscious Roger. Yikes! [hall_shocked]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 03:26:27 AM »
lydia...

perhaps the collins family should rent out an entire wing at wyndcliff just for their surviving domestic staff...they certainly endure no end of grief on this blasted estate.

the end of the vicki era and the start of the quentin era...sigh...i enjoyed the quentin haunting storyline tremendously but always wish alexandra had stuck around just three more months and played this storyline.the "turn of the screw" storyline was meant for her.i love maggie but never got into her in the governess role.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 01:09:47 PM »
What happened to the skeleton's wig, er, hair?
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 08:22:21 PM »
Gosh, we were stupid back then.  Roger not only kept a loaded gun in an easily accessible place in the house where his son lived, he also took it out in full view of a visiting child.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 10:43:04 PM »
I'd forgotten about that!  When I was watching that episode, I yelped when I saw that!

Thank the gods early series psycho David didn't know about about that....
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 03:07:23 AM »
I am very excited to finally get to watch the beginning of Quentin.  [8_1_202]

The choice to have Beth come out the dark was awesome. Very creepy. I wasn't expected that at all.

Also, I am surprised the gun didn't go off as Roger flew down the stairs.

Good Episode!!! Things are getting interesting after a few miss storylines.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 05:03:22 AM »
Does Maine have anywhere near the number of thunderstorms this show seems to suggest it does?  I know it has far more blizzards.  At this point in December they should all be waist-deep in snow drifts!