Author Topic: Garage Cleaning Find  (Read 1046 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Garage Cleaning Find
« on: July 06, 2004, 03:56:56 AM »
I was doing a major, long needed purging of junk from my house and garage this past 3 day weekend (hope all of you had more fun than I did  ::) ) and made a discovery.  Along with a very old scrapbook I've been looking everywhere for, I found two 16 magazines circa 1970.  They're chock full of DS photos and goofy teeny bopper fan stories.

I'm planning to scan the DS stuff and post it.  My question is, is there a specific place to post this here with the original scans being in my own files on my service?  I've posted photos before but they were within the calendar and main sections - nothing like this.  It seemed to me that there was a specific place for old archival type stuff like this but I couldn't locate it. Maybe I dreamed it.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Garage Cleaning Find
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 04:19:15 AM »
It seemed to me that there was a specific place for old archival type stuff like this but I couldn't locate it. Maybe I dreamed it.

You didn't dream it - you're thinking of the Members' Archive, which has been offline. This new system is perfectly suited for its relaunch, but we're not quite there yet. So, if you'd like to share some scans from the magazines, simply post them in this topic (and then later we'll move them to the archive once it's back up). And thanks for thinking of us.  :)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 01:19:26 PM »
Thanks Castlebee...but I'm very glad you found the scrapbook.

Patti
What a Woman!

Online Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 01:35:54 PM »
Hi Castle Bee glad you found the scrapbook
any pics of The Q-man in there?
                    Love Anne :P
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 01:55:39 PM »
OOOH! Can't wait to see your scans!

You're a doll to share them with us, thanks!

dom

PS - One of my favorite things to do at the DS Fests (aka, weekends  ::) ;) ) is to go into the DS memories room (that's what I call it anyway) and check out the donated (for display) scrapbooks, etc. I always feel like a kid again when I look through them.

The one pic I always get a big kick out of is one where David Selby is "at home" and is sitting down with a wine glass (or is that delicious man drinking a martini?) in hand. I had to do a double-take the first time I saw it. :o One of these days I am going to have to import that pic into Photoshop and play around with it. <insert evil grin>.

For those unfamiliar with the pic, there is one posted on MsCriseyde's fantastic Criseyde's David Selby Site (the ultimate Selby website, IMVHO). Click here, it is located at the bottom right of the page. :)

Hopefully these aren't the same pix that CastleBee plans on sharing, :-  .

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 02:01:24 PM »
So, if you'd like to share some scans from the magazines, simply post them in this topic (and then later we'll move them to the archive once it's back up). And thanks for thinking of us.  :)

I will definately do that in the next few days.  I haven't been around for awhile but this board is always the first thing I think of when it comes to anything DS related.  I count on it as my source of all the best info and think of it as my online Collinwood Connection! :D

It's so funny to read those old articles.  I'm sure younger teen and pre-teen kids today would get a laugh out of how naive they sound.  It makes you realize how much the world has changed.
[/size]

any pics of The Q-man in there?

Yes Annie - I'm happy to say there are several David Selby photos, etc.!  In fact, he seems to dominate both issues. I think this may have been the height of his DS popularity.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad